Chapter 35: Hyde in plain sight

(Y/N) walked down the silent city streets as he made his way back to hideout that he expected Rosa and the rest of the children he vowed to take care of to be at.

Just as the boy turned down the street that the dark alley and ultimately his shared hideout lied, an unearthly roar broke the silence of the night and pierced the ears of the shivering male who stood still and spun his head back to the origin of the sound that wasn't that far away.

"Shit." (Y/N) muttered through his chilled breath as he pulled his head back and started to sprint down to the tiny window that dimly lit the small alley.

The tall archer barrelled into the small room as he forced his way quickly through the window that dropped him onto the raggy carpet just like how he had first tumbled into the cellar.

"(Y/N)? What happened?" Rosa asked worriedly as the young group turned their attention away from the game they were playing to the teenager that had fallen down into the room.

"Nothing I'm fine." (Y/N) pushed himself back onto his feet before brushing off the dust.

"Did you hear that sound?" Mattia shyly asked about the strange roar that had distantly reached the room, the blonde haired twin clutched his knees as he feared a second booming roar to come.

"That beautiful sound?" Rocko grinned as he raised his arms to spook the smaller boy, succeeding as Mattia lurched away cowering with fear earning a glare from Rosa which told the mucky boy to stop.

"That is the sound of a deadly, blood-thirsty Hyde roaming the streets of this city which is why I am telling you all to stay here while I go and deal with it." (Y/N) pointed to the outside as well as to each of the children that listened intently and seemed to understand the gravity of the situation.

"We can help!" Rosa angled her eyebrows down in determination as she looked back to her friends that nodded along with her including her twin vampire brother that sheepishly bowed his head.

"No! You 4 are staying here until I get back and let you know its safe." (Y/N) knelt down and brought each of the kids closer and frowned sympathetically to them.

"But what if you don't come back?" The black haired Alice asked as she brushed her long hair out of her face.

"Then you'll know its not safe." He chuckled wryly as he tried to bring some light to the situation but only resulted in deeper frowns from the small children.

"Please...don't go." Rosa teared up as the teenager turned his (E/C) eyes to look at the girl.

"Mi dispiace bambina." He halted the emotions that began to pour from his eyes as he kissed the forehead of the little girl. (I'm sorry child.)

"I'll be back as quick as I can, just stay here." (Y/N) said as he brought in the children and gave them a hug each which soothed their feelings briefly before the boy chucked his bag out of the window and took one last glance at his new friends before nodding and slipping out into the murky grey night.

--

Along the barron and desolate street of November Park, a roar distantly echoed through the houses pulling a certain detective that was surprisingly not under the influence from a small rest.

"What the hell?" Swan stood up from his leather chair and looked outside his window to see the dark rooftops of the London housing, the city skyline somewhere present within the background but further than what his vision provided him. "That wasn't friendly."

Dominic rubbed his tired eyes as he looked back at his office, papers were still scattered widely across the floor from the previous nights, the foul stench of booze was also present as half drunk bottles still remained smashed across the floor spreading glass across the carpet, hiding the fragments like stray bear traps waiting for a victim.