Chapter 30: Ripped Apart

Wednesday looked on with a subtle smile on her lips as the tiny raven haired child waddled her way across the soft carpet of the small playroom. The little child continued to babble to herself as she picked up various toys and books that were scattered messily on the floor.

Whilst still keeping an eye on her daughter, the older woman had averted her eyes back to her pen and paper that contained various pictures surrounded by a few words each. Wednesday had no idea why she was creating a story with the simple drawings but a quick glance back at her daughter gave her enough reason to continue with it.

(Y/N) was no where to be seen, probably shopping or relaxing elsewhere. That was what the small woman had thought anyway, curious to find where her husband was she left the toddler to play and sing unintelligible nonsense to herself while the older Addams searched for the girls father.

Checking the kitchen, bathrooms and the many other rooms that resided within the familys grand house, Wednesday could not find the tall man anywhere, his shoes had vanished as well as his coat. Now worried, Wednesday went back up the stairs that seemed to become smaller with each step. Upon reaching the second floor the woman noticed a change, the walls lost their faint colour and became totally bland and void of decoration as well as run down, sensing a problem she darted for her and (Y/N)'s shared room only to find it had become no bigger than a family car, inside the room the once large king-sized bed was now a dreary and miniscule single with a sole pillow and thin sheets draped over the mattress. Wednesday's mind now seemed to spin, opening the small drawers and wardrobe that was crammed into the room she found only black dresses and no clothes belonging to that of (Y/N).

Wednesday's heart sunk as she closed the drawers and a wave of fear washed over her. Shakily she left her room and made her way through the narrowing halls towards a room that no longer existed. The teary eyed female collapsed facing the run down walls where there once was a door that lead to a vibrant room filled with toys, a cot and an innocent and delightful soul. Instead there was nothing.

~~

The girls eyes jolted open snapping her away from her dreadful nightmare, she lay for a few seconds recovering her breath and thoughts from the frighteningly realistic dream. Wednesday then felt the lack of warmth and weight to the side of her, looking to where she expected a sleeping boy she found emptiness and the covers tucked right by her body rather than being sprawled across the other side, the gargantuan window was wide open as it blew in the cold morning air.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)!" She sat up quickly and hopped out from beneath the piles of covers. She wandered around the apartment calling out her lovers name as she begun to lose hope until she made her way into the living room, the TV was paused showing a news reporter standing in what Wednesday recognised as the Jericho town centre.

On the coffee table laid underneath the remote for the TV was a small note reading 'PLAY!'. Obliging with the small piece of paper, Wednesday clicked the arrow button on the control and watched the recording.

"Nevermore student (Y/N) (L/N) was the one who was said to have brought down the beast but using this new evidence, police are expected to make an arrest over in the UK in the morning." The reporter repeated until the girl paused the recording and now understood the sudden disappearance of (Y/N).

Her eye twitched with hatred of the false information that must've been spread throughout the entire world by now. Trailing back to her bed to change her clothes, the Addams child noticed a letter sat upon her bedside table which she hadn't seen earlier when she awoke.

Wednesday tore the envelope labeled to her open and began to read the neat paper.

"To my dear Wednesday, I'm sure you've already watched the news recording I set out for you and understand my situation. I've taken my bow as well as your knives for my protection, I promise I'll keep them safe, you need to keep investigating who this murderer is I have a feeling they're the ones behind all of this. I will be back soon amore mio, I promise. (Y/N)
P.S Burn this letter."