Chapter 16: A silence worth a thousand tears

"Theres no chance you're getting me to come with you in there." Tyler unclipped his seat belt and leaned back in the drivers seat.

"Good, never wanted you here anyway." (Y/N) sulked as he climbed out of the car with Enid and Wednsday following suit.

"You really want to go inside? It looks creepy AF, its definetly haunted." Enid hid behind the male of the group as they approached the gates.

"You don't have to be here, this is what I want to do." Wednesday turned to look at the frightened girl.

"O-okay i'll stay with you, For bonding reasons." She said still weary.

"Here. You'll need it." Wednesday moved to (Y/N), taking a small amalgamation of metal and wire from her bag and handing it to him.

"What is this supposed to do?" He examined the intricate bending of the wire mesh. Wednesday took it back from him pressing a small button causing the mess to spring open and the sight of his bow reached (Y/N)'s eyes as he was given it back along with his matching quiver.

"I've waited 10 years for you to figure out it does that and even then it was me showing you." She said slightly disappointed as she pushed through the rust riddled gates leading to the mansion.

Upon reaching the door to the houses garage Wednesday attempted to open the entrance only for it to be stiff and immovable.

"Mind out." The boy said as he forced his entire body against the old wood still being rejected as he flew backwards down onto the hard and dry ground. Stepping up, Enid slashed at the handle rendering the door accessible and opening it for the trio.

"Werewolf thing." She grinned at her success whilst they set their eyes upon a blue cadillac covered by a tarp.

"This car hit the mayor, look at the rear view window." Wednesday examined the car seeing the arrow that was lodged in the back seats, whoever was driving got lucky.

"Okay we need to call Tyler's dad right  freaking now." Enid panicked.

"And get expelled? We must keep this secret from Weems at all costs, come on let's check out the main house." Wednesday exited the garage and into the house through the side door.

"If I see a ghost I'm ripping both of your heads off." Enid walked shakily behind (Y/N) using him as a shield.

The group investigated the ancient halls of the house, their flashlights illuminating the cracked wallpaper as they made their way into the living room. Entering the living room (Y/N) ran his hand along the wall guiding himself around the perimeter, as he reached the grand bookcases he felt a crevis where it ended, curious to see what obstructed the bookcase he shone his flashlight at the gap and found a painting, one of the entire Gates family. He could easily make out the members, Garrett, Ansel and his wife, this little sister Laurel and Garretts twin...

"Mother?" Reaching his hand up to the young depiction of his mother stood next to Garrett his head flung back entraping him in a paralytic state.

~~

Opening his eyes, (Y/N) saw a dimly lit blue sky above him as he woke from his trance, his eyes darted around and he felt his body in contact with sand. After sitting up he looked around to see he was surrounded by a never ending desert only lit by a distant beam of blue light irradiating from miles away, taking his time he stumbled to his feet kicking around the sand beneath him.

"(Y/N)..." He heard a voice call from behind him, turning around he saw the undead body of Garrett Gates standing infront of him, a bloody patch was stained on his chest in the shape of a stab wound.