Chapter 26: London Calling

3 days later

The large yacht slowly split the water in its path as it manoeuvred carefully through the harbour, avoiding the many small fishing ships scattered around the channel waters.

"We're almost there everyone, get all of your things ready!" Mrs Paling and the rest of the teachers paraded through the halls banging on the doors of each room as the dusk light snuck through the windows and cracks in the doors.

"Noooooo." Enid and Ajax groaned together ;) as the banging ceased leaving them in each others arms after they reconciled from a few nights back.

"Come on we have to get up." Ajax groggily sat up pulling himself from Enid's sleepy arms. Enid slapped the space next to her demanding her boyfriend came back to her. "No Enid, we've got to be a good example for the school."

"Since when have you been a good example?" Enid finally arose from the bed as the pair began to rip their clothes off in favour of their vibrant purple uniforms.

"Like, all the time." Ajax sneered back pulling his shoes on, Enid rolled her eyes as she brushed her hair on a small handheld mirror decorated with pink stickers when a knock came at the door once again.

"Mr Hayton we're coming!" Enid shouted out to the door only for it to swing open revealing the tall (Y/N) wearing his grey uniform.

"Please dont compare me to that balding mess." He smiled wryly as he saw the couple rushing around getting their essentials packed back up. "Just hurry up, Paling's gonna turn into a blood-thirsty monster by the time you're done." He said before closing the door and leaving the two alone.

(Y/N) pulled along his suitcase to the bow of the boat looking out to the port that was bustling with workers and boats.

"Are you going to stare out into the distance forever?" A small voice came from behind the boy which he knew in an instant, he spun on his heel to see his little girlfriend who stood a few paces away in her blacked out uniform combo with Thing pulling along her luggage.

"Do I get to stare at you instead?" He smirked as he flirted with his lover who rolled her eyes.

"It'll be the last sight you see." Her blank voice said as they both began to walk away from the railing and down to the rest of the group.

"I'm content with that." (Y/N) leaned down to kiss the girls head, a faint colour dashing her cheeks as she snatched the boys hand into her own.

--

The Nevermore students and teachers loaded themselves off the ship after a few minutes of waiting around for Ajax and Enid, before they could even begin to comprehend arriving in Southampton, Mrs Paling halted the group almost instantly.

"So before we are allowed to travel to London, we will have to to through a border check so make sure you have your passports on hand. Let's go." She clapped her hands together as she zipped up her green coat as the chilly British weather hit like a truck.

"Where's your bow?" Wednesday whispered to the boy next to her as they trailed behind the main group to the border control offices.

"Compressed in my backpack they'll have no idea what it is, what about your knives and sword?" (Y/N) questioned back.

"In the platforms of my trainers, the material is thick enough to conceal the metal from the detectors, and nobody suspects an umbrella." She said looking down at her shoes that made her several inches taller.

"You have such a brilliant mind amore mio." (Y/N) moved his hand and interlaced it with hers which she accepted in a heartbeat.

"I know."