Chapter 22: The Last Gates

PART 2: RIPPED APART

Your mother...she's been murdered." The stifling voice of his father echoed through (Y/N)'s ears turning his face sour, any emotion was lost and the phone fell to the floor somehow not shattering upon impact. Tears streaked down the boys face as time appeared to slow down for him.

Next to him, Wednesday Addams had heard the boys father through the phone slightly, upon hearing the news she wrapped her arms around the boy and she held him tight as he began to collapse towards the floor outside of the principals office, still conjoined with him, Wednesday guided him gently down as the tall male fell to his knees as the tears continued to rain down like a waterfall.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" The girl pleaded cupping the sides of his face as she desperately tried to break him free from his trance. His eyes shifted from the floor to his lover, her sympathetic frown silenced his tears as he leaned into her embrace holding her tight fearful of losing her again.

"Shes gone Wednesday. Why? Why her?" He asked as he clutched onto her, hiding himself in her arms.

"I don't know, but whoever did this will be put to justice. I swear by it." She pulled her boyfriend away and stared into his eyes, wiping the tears away. "Right now, we have hundreds of selfish annoyances that will not stop pestering until we speak to them."

"I-I know, la mia luna." He nodded towards the girl as the water falling from his eyes faded and he stood up readjusting his collar. "Then let's get going, the world waits for no one."

Wednesday and (Y/N) pushed open the door leading out into the vast sea of cameras and microphones controlled by a horde of people eagerly shouting their names hoping to grab their attention. They paced out and greeted the reporters, Wednesday stuck by the back of her lover, silently frightened by the attention.

"(Y/N)! Martin Brundle, Sky news can I get a word?" A short man asked forcing his fluffy microphone into the boys face, nodding along. "Is it true you're the one that brought down the revived Joseph Crackstone?"

"No not me, her." He moved to his side revealing the short girl that glared at the journalist startling him as the cameras pointed down to the young Addams. "Shes not really a people person, just ask me questions instead." (Y/N) interrupted taking the bombardment of lenses off Wednesday.

Continuing on with the same questions repeated over and over by the hundreds of news companies, (Y/N) felt his voice raspy as he approached the last duo of a cameraman and reporter.

"H-hi, Ashley Winters, Gateway news based in London." The young red-headed girl shyly pointed the microphone forwards towards the tired male adjusting her glasses as she did. "Mister (L/N), you're the one that dealt the killing blow to the Hyde that had been terrorising the town correct?"

For the first time today, the killing of Tyler's Hyde had finally been mentioned by a reporter.

"Um, yeah I did." (Y/N) said back in shock of the question she asked.

"Do you know what happened to the body? Because reports came in that no such beast was found in the woods." She said now past her brief period of fear as she faced the towering boy who slouched his shoulders out of exhaustion.

"I-i didn't stick around to see what happened to it." The boy lied, covering up that the true monster had shifted back into his human form as he died. Tyler's corpse was taken to the morgue by his father after he found the mutilated body buried in the leaves, there had been no mention of him since the announcement of his death that was chalked down as one of the Hydes victims.

"Thank you for your time Mister (L/N), we'll be going now." Ashley waved off her assistant motioning for the camera to he switched off as she flashed a smile of gratitude at the couple.