Chapter 5: Pick your poison

"So my little storm cloud, my big thunderbolt how has Nevermore been to you?" Gomez asked eagerly through the passage of the crystal ball.

'Let's see. I narrowly avoided death twice, discovered that my father may be a murderer, learned that I could potentially destroy the school, and was mysteriously saved by a homicidal monster.' Wednesday thought to herself before giving an answer.

'I got owned at fencing, I saved Wednesday's life, I had to spend 3 nights of the week on the floor, I may have written the most important song to Wednesday ever and witnessed a horrifying murder before my very eyes at the hands of a homicidal monster.' (Y/N) also thought to himself from the seat next to Wednesday.

"Much to my dismay Mother." The girl began to reply to her family.

"And many restless nights." The boy butted in after his girlfriend.

"We're going to love it here." They both finished completely in time with each other.

"Since you shipped us off. We've been hunted, victims of an attempted murder and I personally have been made into a hopeless romantic." Wednesday said rolling her eyes at the male that sat awkwardly and partially fearful next to her.

"Ah Nevermore you never fail to amaze me." Gomez exclaimed with great happiness, kissing his hand to give a chefs kiss.

"Oh (Y/N), I can't wait to see the look on your parents face when they look at how mature you've become. It takes a lot to change my dear Wednesday." Morticia smiled through the glass to the disgust of her daughter. "But be careful my boy, you know how possessive Wednesday can get." She teased causing Wednesday to completely shut off the call with her parents.

(Y/N) chuckled at the girls rather petty behaviour.

"You'll sleep on the floor again, and rat traps are hard to see in the dark." She glared at her boyfriend while threatening him. (Y/N) held his hands up to surrender to the menacing glare she held him at.

"I love you."

--

"Rowan Laslow was fucking murdered!" (Y/N) shouted in frustration at the sheriff and principal who had already made up their minds about what they wanted to believe came out of (Y/N)'s and Wednesday's mouths.

"How could you miss a dead body? He was ripped to shred infront of our eyes." Wednesday asked out of disbelief.

"Hard to find a dead body that ain't exist, even had the dogs out looking." The sheriff retaliated.

"Well we saw it, clear as day it gauged Rowans body like a piñata." (Y/N) furrowed his brow in anger.

"You got a good look at the monster?" Sheriff Galpin raised his eyebrows inquisitively at the two.

"All we saw was how ugly the thing was, rushed off afterwards." The teenage boy continued to answer the Sheriffs questions.

"Well whatever this thing was, its not here anymore and there's nothing to worry about." Principal Weems hoped to dig the school out of the social mess it would find itself in considering their already poor reputation. "Maybe Rowan just ran away." She proposed through what Wednesday classed as a lying facade, (Y/N) could agree whole heartedly.

"We know what we saw, and that monster is still out there and when the next person dies don't think you can just chalk it down as another bear attack, or say they just ran away " Wednesday spoke to both of the adults knowing that more would die if they don't investigate.

"So what were you two doing with Rowan in the woods in the first place?" Weems asked the pair.

"I heard a noise I chased to investigate, (Y/N) followed me and we saw the attack." Wednesday explained.