Chapter 3: Bloodied face in the morning, sirens warning

"You don't need to stick up for me all the time, I know how to fend for my own interests." Wednesday complained from the window as she tore the colourful plastic wrappers off the glass spider's web.

"I understand, but you do take it too far sometimes." (Y/N) looked up from the music he was writing and stared at the girl who had changed into some casual comfortable clothes which he found to be cute, although he would never tell her unless he wanted to be hung, drawn and quartered. "Remember the time you shouted at cousin Itt for misplacing your dress for a bed cover?" He asked with an 'i told you so' mood.

"You know he didn't 'misplace' my dress, Itt's a hoarder." She glared back at (Y/N) for his attempt at being smarter than Wednesday.

"Whatever helps you stay awake at night." The (H/C) haired boy mumbled as he got back to scribbling on his blank note sheet, humming himself the tune he was imagining.

"What have you done to my room!" A familiar werewolf burst into her now shared dorm to see the it split perfectly down the middle with duct tape lining the bare wooden floor.

"Our room." The only male corrected as he put emphasis on 'Our' to Enid who growled in response.

"We've divided our room equally." Wednesday said putting the same emphasis on 'our' to match the statement her boyfriend made previously. "I'm not a fan of badly made rainbows or colour for that matter, and (Y/N) is very OCD." Enid looked to her side to see the previous mess she had left was completely tidied and neat.

"How long did that take?" She asked the songwriter.

"Not very long, its easier when you have a system to cleaning." He responded not looking up from the notes that decorated his paper. Enid stood in astonishment of how perfect her side of the room had become no longer mad at the renovating her new roommates did.

"Now if you'll excuse us we'd like some silence, it's our writing time." Wednesday said as she stood up and strolled to her typewriter which sat on the desk next to where (Y/N) was sitting.

"Writing time?" Enid asked a bit confused.

"Each day I devote an hour to writing my novel and (Y/N) writes his music pieces for the both of us." The raven-haired girl said while setting her typewriter up in preparation to begin writing. "Perhaps if you developed our concept your blog would turn out to be readable. I've seen 5 year olds write better paragraphs than you." She lightly insulted Enid.

"I write in my voice, its my truth and its what my followers love." She defended her moderately successful school blog.

"Your followers don't understand good writing." (Y/N) broke his silence as he finally looked up from his musical nonsense.

"They respond to your illiterate text with insipid little pictures." Wednesday said disgusted but not showing it in her voice.

"You mean emojis? Its how people express their feelings. I doubt you know what that feels like." Enid paced up and stood at the boundary of her side of the room provoking Wednesday to stand up and stare down her opponent standing as close as Enid was to her.

"When I see you the following emojis come to mind; rope, sho-" Before Wednesday got a chance to finish her unkind words (Y/N) had stood between the two of them, pushing the Addams back and pressing a finger to her lips. He knew the consequences of what he had just done would not be pleasant but a threat of civil war after only spending a few hours at the school was not how the boy envisioned his first day going.

Wednesday directed her black eyes into (Y/N)'s (E/C) coloured ones as she reached for his soul through their eye contact before turning away to retire to her typewriter.