Chapter 12: Limb from Limb

"No I didn't expect him to be this dumb and leave it to the last moment to ask me!" Wednesday scolded the judgemental hand that sat on the railing of her bed. She scrounged around her closet desperate for a dress to appear out of nowhere. Snapping his fingers, Thing caught the frustrated girls attention and directed her to the dress she had seen earlier on in Jericho laying on her bed.

"How did you get this?" Wednesday picked it up examining each detail on the soft and beautiful fabric. In response Thing held up his hand showing all of his 5 appendages.

"Five finger discount? Of course." She sighed before hiding herself within the closet as she changed into her new dress.

--

(Y/N) stood at the bottom of the grand staircase leading to the Rave'N. He wore a dark grey suit lined with maroon trimmings and tie with some stylish black shoes to compliment it all. Hearing the sound of clacking heels the boy turned to watch the stair and upon seeing a small girl donned in a long black dress his jaw fell to the floor and his eyes widened. Wednesday's figure slowly came more prominent in view as she made her way off the stairs.

"Are you going to keep sta-"

"You look astonishing, as in...beyond words." The male absorbed the girls beauty.

"You don't need to flatter me." She turned away from him unsure how to take his compliments.

"You deserve to be, you are even prettier than the moon and the stars." He crouched down to her height and looked up into her eyes in adoration.

"Thank you." She sheepishly said after receiving a quick kiss to her cheek making her warm inside her stomach. "Come on, we have a party to attend."

(Y/N) nodded and linked their arms together and proceeded to wander in the direction of the large hall before spotting a familiar and not welcome face.

"(Y/N)? Wednesday? I didn't think you two would go to this sort of thing" Tyler Galpin stood infront of them with a smile.

"Tyler? How come you're here?" (Y/N) furrowed his brow and stared deeply at the barista.

"Well I got a date for the Rave'N." He replied explaining his presence.

"Wednesday? I thought we were going to stakeout the cave tonight?" A short curly haired boy rushed up to the three older teenagers.

"I'm sorry Eugene, numbnuts only just asked me to go with him. Listen us three will all go tomorrow night, do not go alone." Wednesday warned the boy.

"Sorry I better go, my dates waiting." Tyler announced before running off to the dance much to the couples relief.

"Alright Wednesday, you two have a good time I guess." Eugene glumly said as he hung his head in disappointment and trailed away from the pair. "A hummer never shies away from danger.

"Oh Wednesday and (Y/N), isn't this a surprise? Its so good to see you both and I am loving that dress." The red headed Ms Thornhill happily welcomed the couple to the dance.

"We're happy to be here." (Y/N) smiled pulling the girl closer to his side reassuring her about the dance and stopping her from making any dull comments to upset their teacher.

"Well whenever you feel like it, head over to the refreshments table, the dancefloor or take a seat and have fun both of you!" Thornhill gladly advised the couple as they walked by her and entered into the white flashbang of a room.

Looking around the room, Wednesday and (Y/N) spotted each student and their date. Xavier and Bianca being a surprise and Enid with...

"Tyler?" Wednesday and (Y/N) exclaimed as they saw the two talking with each other and looking too friendly.