Chapter 26

"How did you know I was here?"

"My home security notified me that the gate was unlocked, I figured it was you. Since I haven't heard from you in days, I was worried and came down here to check on you," he sighs as he continues," I guess I was right to check up on you."

I bite my lip before saying," I think you should just leave now, I'm fine."

His eyes widen as he looks at the door then back at me, making sure that James isn't around before saying," And leave you here with him? Fuck no! have you lost your god damn mind August???"

"He isn't as bad as you think Angus, I've been around him long enough to know that."

Angus walks over to the door and shuts it before locking it," Look, I don't know what type of bullshit he's been telling you August but trust me. He's a manipulative piece of shit that will tell anyone what they want to hear to benefit himself. And what do you mean,' you've been around him long enough,'? Were you with him when I called you a few days ago, literally warning you about him?"

I rub my temples in frustration, angus isn't going to listen to what I have to say. Once he has his mind made up about something not being right, he sticks to it.

"Angus please..." I try to reason with him, but he cuts me off saying," No! We need to leave; I have to get you out of here!"

He grabs my arm and pulls me to the door. I try pulling away, but he tightens his grip as he unlocks the door and rushes downstairs. Before he can reach the front door, James clears his throat from behind us. We both look back quickly; I pull away from Angus and go over to him.

He was leaning on the living room's couch armrest with his arms crossed and a nonchalant expression plastered on his face. I quickly make my way over to him but slow down when he glares at me. I stand by his side, turning back to Angus who looked terrified yet angry at the same time.

"August what the hell are you doing?" He shouts while looking for something to grab. Once he sees an umbrella hanging up near the door, he takes it and carefully walks over to James while shouting," Back away from my brother or I'll hurt you!"

I can hear James chuckling softly from behind me, he clearly found this amusing.

I put out my hands trying to reason with him while saying," Angus put the umbrella down, he isn't going to hurt me."

He shoves the umbrella towards James and quickly pulls it back as if he's threatening a wild dog.

"How can you be so calm about this?!"

"I trust him," I say confidently making Angus lower the umbrella finally.

"You, trust him?"

He looked really hurt as he dropped the umbrella, but I needed him to know that James wasn't a threat and that I was being serious. James is a part of my life now and I have no intentions of him not being in it.

James keeps quiet the whole time I stand Infront of him, but I could tell he was staring at Angus because angus would constantly look back at him.

Angus presses his hand on his forehead as he thinks.

"I can't believe I'm actually saying this but if you really trust him then that's fine. Although I'm totally against whatever relationship bullshit you two are in, I'll try to accept it. But I'm not going anywhere, I refuse to leave you here with him. I'm giving y'all five days to prove to me that I shouldn't just call the cops and end whatever the fuck is going on here."

I let out a breath of relief as I pull him into a hug, but he quickly ends it by pushing me aside. I lower my head, not trying to see his disappointed gaze.