Chapter 44

"Ah hem," A familiar voice breaks through the living room, interrupting our sweet moment.

I look over to the noise to see Angus standing at the Livingroom's entrance with his arms crossed and a disappointed expression spread across his face.

"Angus!" I quickly get off James and sit properly on the couch.

James sighs as he props his head up on the couch's armrest.

"Hey brother-in-law."

Angus scoffs at his comment, not paying him any mind as he walks towards me.

He stops right in front of my view of the tv and crosses his arms once more," Why are you down here? You need to be upstairs resting, now!"

I flinch as he gets loud with me. I quickly take the yogurt I placed to the side and say," I just came down here for a snack, that's all."

"It didn't seem like that just now," he takes a step closer to me as he stares me down. I lower my gaze to the ground, too tired and ashamed to even look at him.

"Hey, you heard him. He only came down here for a snack," James throws his heavy arm onto my shoulder, pulling me into his embrace as he continues with a smirk," What you saw just now was him getting one."

It felt nice having James stick up for me, but it also didn't help the situation. Angus only looked more on edge. He's probably reminded of what James did last night to those college girls. Maybe that's why he's so upset.

"August, please just listen to me for once in your life and rest," he says tiredly as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

Not wanting to upset him any longer, I gently tap James's arm. He looks at me with uncertainty in his eyes, I nod to him indicating that I'm alright. He bites his bottom lip as he lets me go.

My legs tremble slightly as I stand, angus grabs my elbow to help me up.

Just as we begin to leave the living room, James says," Be careful with him, he's extremely ill."

Angus stops in his tracks; I stop as well but urge him to keep going by tugging on the sleeve of his thick sweater. He grits his teeth as he turns around almost yelling in disbelief," Be careful of him? Is that really what you're saying to me right now? I'm his brother, you're just some psychopath who tricked him into believing loves him. Don't say that shit to me when you're the cause of his injury in the first place!"

My eyes widen by his words," Stop Angus!"

Angus turns his head back to me and snatches his sleeve out of my hands. I stumble a bit trying to keep my balance. I hold onto a tall fake plant beside us as he and James walk up to each other, both with grim looks.

Knowing how easily upset James gets, I know this won't end well if I don't do something but it's hard for me to even move without stumbling on my feet.

"I'm sick of your shit, what do you want with August, hm?" Angus spits out as he looks up at James who was way taller than him.

"What do I want with him?" James taunts, he looks over at me with a dull look then looks back down at Angus.

"Nothing," he admits causing a lump to form in my throat.

Angus lets out a pitiful laugh," You're so full of shit. Using my brother for your own personal benefit. If he keeps staying and defending you all the time, all he'll get in return is what you did to those poor women yesterday." James's jaw tightens as if he's holding himself back from saying something. "That's right," Angus continues," I know it was you who killed those women. You're a fucking monster, you may have fooled August, but you won't fool me."