Chapter 40

As I wait for Angus to return, I can't help but to slowly close my eyes.

Vomiting really drains you of your energy.

Just as I drift into sleep, I hear the door creak open. I lift my eyelids expecting to see James but it's just Angus with a cup of hot tea.

He blows on the steam coming from the cup as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, have you seen James?" I ask as I sit up.

He makes a 'tsk' sound with his teeth as his brows furrow," Stop worrying about him, please? He's probably just knocked out somewhere in one of the guest bedrooms. I'll look for him after you finish your cup, here." He pushes the cup in my face, I have no choice but to shut up and listen to him.

After I take two sips of the hot liquid, I cough before saying," He usually doesn't sleep for that long. Actually, he barely sleeps at all. If it's two in the afternoon, why wouldn't he be up by now?"

I could tell that my sudden questions were starting to annoy my baby brother, but I couldn't help but to worry about James. 'Where the hell is he??? '

"August enough with all your questions. I told you that I'll go look for him when you finish your tea so that's what I'm going to do," He pushes the cup in my face once more as he continues," Now quit your bickering and finish the damn thing."

I lick over my swollen lip before attempting to gulp down the hot tea. I burn my tongue in the process and groan. Angus watches me with a smile. Once I'm finished drinking, he takes the cup from me and hands me a napkin to wipe the drops that spilled from my lips.

With a sigh he stands up," Okay! Now where could this possibly 6'3" of a man be?"

A genuine smile forms on my face for the first time today. Angus's eyes beam in joy as he gives me a wink before leaving the room.

I'm so thankful for him, truly.

Now that I have him out looking for James, I can finally relax.

With nothing else to do I decide to sleep. I give the wall clock a quick glance to keep track of how long I'll be asleep for.

"2: 30, 2: 30, 2: 30," I keep mumbling to myself as my eyelids grow heavier and before I know it, I'm off to sleep.

I don't know if I was dreaming this or not, but I kept hearing doors slamming all around me. After a couple more minutes of doors closing, I decide to just wake up and see what all the fuss was about.

As I sit up, Angus suddenly enters the room with a distress look.

"What's the matter?"

He kept quiet until he reached the bed. I bite my inner cheek while waiting for him to say something.

"Okay, don't panic or get up," he runs a hand through his hair while letting out a breath.

I get up almost immediately, stumbling as I do.

"What is it?" I could already feel myself freaking out.

He tries to sit me back down, but I push him away," August, I just told you not to get up."

"Just tell me what it is??"

He turns his head some, hesitating. Finally, he calmly says," So, I tried to look for James as I said I would, but I didn't find him and there seems to be some clothes missing from the guest bedrooms dressers. I don't think he's in the house at all."

My blood went cold as I listened to everything he said.

'Did he leave me? No, he said he wouldn't. That can't be the case so where is he? I know I told him to leave me alone a couple of times, but I didn't actually mean for him to get out of my life. No matter how bad he is for me, I don't want him to leave me here.'