Chapter 51

"I love you james."

"And I love you too August."

A smile forms on my lips as I snuggle my head onto his chest. Hearing his story honestly left me shock. I feel so bad for him because of all he's been through but then again I can't help but to feel a little bit terrified.

'If he was like that to someone he had just met only recently, how will he be with me seeing as we've been together for a few months now?'

I look up at him, furrowing my brows,' how can he be so calm right now?'

He looks down at me with a warm grin," What's up?"

"I'm just a little cold that's all."

"Hm... let's go inside then. I'm sure angus is okay now."

'Angus?.... Oh that's right, our argument. I kind of forgot about all that happening during James's story just now. Man, I left things pretty heated. I just hope he's okay. '

"You're right."

We both start to get up. I feel much better now that I've calmed down. Once we're back inside, I look around to see if angus is still lingering around but he's not. James slides the patio door shut before turning back to me," Though we have our disagreements, I still think angus is right. You should be resting right now."

I nod as we begin walking back upstairs. He takes extra care of me by opening the door and tucking me in bed like I'm a child.

"James I feel fine, all of this isn't necessary," I tell him as he fluffs my pillow for me.

"Well I just want to make sure that you're okay, that's all," he grins as I lay my head down on the pillow. I shift around, looking for a comfortable spot to lay on, as I do my head throbs.

'My wound really is infected.' I groan as it starts to sting. James crawls over me as he rubs my hair gently," Are you alright? Does it hurt?"

"A little."

"I'm going to go get you some pain medicine."

"Wait!"

Before I can tell him that I'm fine, he runs out of the room in a hurry. I sigh as I look up at the ceiling.

'What am I doing? All of this, the bed, ceiling, blankets everything in this house is angus's and here I am starting arguments with him.'

My head throbs even more as an image of his disappointment expression crosses my mind. 'I love my brother too much for us to be in a conflict like this. I just wish things would go back to normal, I wish that he never came here in the first place. I know that he's just trying to look after me but honestly, I think him coming here made things worse. '

I reach over and grab my phone off the nightstand beside me, angus's number other than Ashley's is the only number that I have in here. I press the call button on his name and sit up waiting for an answer. The static answering machine sounds out until an automated message system begins speaking. I hang up as the machine tells me to try the call again,' I hope he's okay. '

As I reach back over to put the phone back on the nightstand it's suddenly taken from me. I look up to see James frowning as he looks at the name I just called.

"You're still worried about him?

"Of course I am, he's my brother."

James sighs as he puts my phone in his pocket. He takes the pill bottle in his hand and empties out two small pills, handing them to me.

"Take this."

"Are you upset?"

"Just take the pills."