Chapter 32

The next morning, I woke up having a hard time getting out of bed. We kind of went overboard with our positions yesterday seeing as my body still isn't used to being impaled. As I shifted around the bed, I realized James wasn't by my side. I did feel lonely, but I can't always wake up and expect to see him beside me no matter how good it feels.

I shift around the bed before slowly, very slowly, making my way to the bathroom to shower. After I showered, washed my face and brushed my teeth. I went back to our bedroom to change into some clothes.

I got dressed in a nice warm white sweater and comforting grey sweatpants. The light shining from the bedroom window makes the room shine brightly in the sunlight, though the weather was extremely cold.

After getting dressed I make my way downstairs where I hear two voices going back and forth with each other. Once I got down, I was surprised to see James and Angus hanging out together in the hallway.

I tuck my hands in my pocket as I walk over to them.

"You have to call a Maintenace man genius, it'll never get fixed like this," James says while crossing his arms. Angus sighs in frustration as he rubs his bed hair tiredly.

"What'll never get fixed?" I ask making them turn their attention to me. A smile grows on James's face as he walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist, bringing me into a deep hug.

He wore a black shirt that tightly fitted around his muscular arms and grey sweatpants same as me. He stared down at me with a smirk on his face as we pulled apart. I bite my lip unintentionally as I thought about last night.

His eyes then flickered back over to Angus who stood by the bathroom awkwardly looking at the floor. When he looks back at us, he quickly says," Morning, me and James were just talking about the downstairs bathroom. The pipes are busted."

"I originally came down here with the idea of making you breakfast in bed, until this guy here called me over to help him out," James says as he walks over to Angus and throws his arm around his shoulder. Angus grunts as he pushes James's arm off him then rubs his temples tiredly saying," I asked him for help thinking he'd know how to fix things seeing as how big he is, but I forgot he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth."

James lets out a small laugh as he leans on the narrow hallway wall.

"So that's why you came upstairs to use the bathroom last night......" my eyes wander over to James who gives me a knowing look. I quickly avoid his gaze as I look back at Angus," So should we call someone to fix it?"

He sighs as he closes the bathroom door and makes his way down the hall, me and James follow behind him into the kitchen as he takes a seat on one of the chairs.

"I don't know, I really wouldn't think that'd be such a good idea seeing as," he stops for a moment to look at James," Well, you know, we're harboring a criminal and all. Also, I was going to make a run to the supply store to pick up some tools. I think I can pull a few tricks up my sleeve and get those pipes working."

I take a seat next to him, fidgeting with the hem of my sweater.

"August, do you know how to fix something like this?" James asks.

I look down at my hands saying in a low voice," My dad never cared to teach me anything growing up let alone how to fix a pipe."

Angus cleared his throat reassuring me," Maybe he was just too busy."

"Too busy teaching you how to do it," James says under his breath but loud enough so we could both hear. My head shoots up as Angus turns his attention to him," What did you say?"

"I said—"

"—Guys can we please not do this? I'm still so tired from last night, I don't want to hear you guys bickering first thing in the morning."

"What are you tired from? Did you not get any sleep?" Angus's eyes grow soft as he inspects my face.

"I—" I look to James who tries to cover his smirk with his hand.

"I just didn't get any sleep," I lie, Angus looks me up and down before getting up saying," Alright then, I'm going to make a run to the hardware store then maybe to the mall. I can barely fit the clothes in my closet since I haven't actually lived in this house for years."

James clears his throat as he goes over to the fridge," I'll get started on some breakfast."

"Uh, I'll go call a Maintenace man. I think he should check on both bathrooms just in case the one upstairs decides to burst as well," I get up and make my way over to the house phone in the living room.

With that, we all get to doing as we said. I make a quick call to a Maintenace man's number I found in a phone book and set up a later appointment. Angus comes out of his room with his winter coat on and tells us that he'll be gone for a while before leaving the house. James stays in the kitchen as he scrambles up some breakfast for me and him.

"Really? Today at two would work. Thank you so much specially with it being on such short notice," I thank the guy. He sounds like he had nothing better to do as he sets up the schedule over the phone with me. Once the appointment is booked, I make sure to thank him again then hang up.

I go back to the kitchen and sit at the table as I watch James cook. He makes everything so swiftly as he focuses on just the right of seasoning to put on each dish. Eggs, grits and shrimp, pancakes and bacon then finally with a glass of apple juice on the side is put out in front of me. Everything looked so good, but I felt bad knowing I wasn't going to be able to finish everything.

But my brows narrow as I run my fork over the food, trying to find what to bite into first.

"You alright?" he asks, his brow creases in concern.

I nod my head as I puncture my eggs and take a bite," I was just trying to figure out what to eat first."

He smiles as he takes a seat next to me," Don't talk with your mouth full," he says while wiping my bottom lip.

"Sorry," I say shyly.

I think this is the first time James has ever made me a meal so I wanted to be grateful and eat everything on my plate, but I just couldn't. My body wouldn't allow it since I only take in small portions of food per day. James reassured me that it was fine If I didn't eat everything, he was just glad to see me enjoying my food. He did warn me though to eat more in the future because he wants to fatten me up.

After eating breakfast and cleaning the dishes, we go to cuddle on the couch while turning on some television. We didn't care about whatever played, we just wanted to be closer to each other in other places besides our room. Now that Angus was here, we couldn't exactly be up on each other like how we were before. Though Angus is aware of me and James's relationship, I still haven't told James yet.

I was planning to yesterday, but we sort of got carried away with other things.

James lays below me as he turns his head to the side to watch jerry springer. I lay on top of him feeling his chest rise up and down, his heartbeat is so calm.

I on the other hand felt a bit on edge, images of last night kept flashing in my mind. His leg being in between mine doesn't help the situation at all.

My heart is beating dangerously fast, I close my eyes, trying to think of other things, but my mind keeps replaying the many different positions we explored yesterday.

The way we were so deeply intertwined with another, Warmth growing as we stared at each other in lust, hungry for more and the security in his arms. All of this made me overwhelmed with emotions and before I knew it, I could feel myself growing harder by the second.