Return of the Future Warrior, Trunks!

Third person POV

After he and Videl took a nap, Y/n hit the showers and was soon just lounging around Capsule Corporation. He still planned to train, but right now he just wanted to relax. However, Y/n's relaxation is cut short when his mother runs into the living room, panting.

Bulma: Y/n! I came as fast as possible son... It's your brother, Trunks!

Y/n: What?! Is he okay?!

Bulma: He's breathing, but it's not our Trunks.

Y/n: From the future...!

Bulma nods and Y/n runs out of Capsule Corporation, his mind flashing back to when he first met Future Trunks.

~ Flashback ~

After Future Trunks dispatched Frieza, he convinced everyone that he knew when and where Goku would return. Now, they all sat patiently, waiting for Goku.

Y/n was completely awestruck by the stranger, but he also felt like he knew him.

Y/n: ... Hey, you.

Future Trunks looks over to the young Y/n, his eyes widening.

Y/n: How did you get so strong?

Future Trunks: I had... Two great teachers, they were rivals.

Y/n: I see... Where are they?

Future Trunks looks away, unable to make eye contact with the young Saiyan.

Y/n: ... Oh... I'm sorry.

Vegeta: Tch, stop being so friendly with him Y/n... You don't know him.

Y/n: It's okay, he's good... Just sad.

Future Trunks: ... Hey.

Y/n: Yeah?

Future Trunks: Your name... It's Y/n, right?

Y/n: Yeah! What's your name?

Future Trunks: ... I'm sorry, but I can't tell you.

Y/n: Oh... Hey...

Future Trunks: Hm?

Y/n: Your teachers... I bet they'd be real proud of you!

~ Flashback End ~

As Y/n gets closer to the Time Machine that he was so familiar with, he has another flashback.

~ Flashback ~

After it was revealed that the stranger was his younger brother, Trunks, Y/n was excited to talk to him about the future.

Y/n: Trunks... In the future, am I there?

Future Trunks looks at Y/n with a saddened expression, as if he was nearly on the verge of tears.

Future Trunks: You were...

Y/n: ... Was I one of your teachers?

Future Trunks nods and Y/n looks to the side.

Y/n: That means Gohan was your other teacher, he's my rival...

Future Trunks: Yes...

Y/n: Then Trunks, I know that Gohan and I would be proud of you... You're a great person. And... If I died to protect you in the future, then rest assured I'd do it for you again in a heartbeat. You're my brother, Trunks.

Future Trunks hugs Y/n tightly, and the young Saiyan hugs him back, Trunks began to cry.

Y/n: It's okay, Trunks... We'll fix the future. We'll stop the androids.

~ Flashback End ~

Y/n meant every word he spoke back then, and he still felt that way. He and Trunks had always been close, and if it came down to it, he'd die in order to protect his little brother. Which is why he was able to ascend into a Super Saiyan 2 in the first place...

~ Flashback ~

After Cell seemingly took himself out, along with Goku, King Kai, Bubbles, and Gregory, Gohan was left to blame himself.

Y/n: Gohan...

Gohan: It's my fault, Y/n...! If I... Just killed Cell! Then Dad wouldn't...

Y/n: Gohan, it's okay... I'm here for you.

Suddenly, a Death Beam shoots out of some smoke and just barely misses Y/n before shredding through Trunks' armor and killing him.

Y/n looks back at Trunks, his eyes filled with horror, sorrow... And rage. Rage Y/n had never felt. He began to convulse with fury.

Cell: Oh, did I hit Trunks? Oops! That was meant for Tien... But I'm so strong now that your power levels all feel the same. Gohan, you should fix that hole in your Trunks! Ahaha!

In that moment, Y/n snaps, his aura exploding as his hair spikes even more and his muscle mass increases, he had ascended beyond Super Saiyan - he was now a Super Saiyan 2.

Cell: What's this? Another one? Hmph... No matter! You and the Earth shall be destroyed!

Gohan: Y/n!

Y/n: I've got your back, Gohan!

Cell: Ka... Me... Ha... Me...!

Y/n: Galic...

Gohan: Kamehame...

Cell: HA!

Y/n/Gohan: HA!/GUN!

Cell fires a Kamehameha wave, and Y/n launches a Galic Gun in response along with Gohan's Kamehameha wave.

Cell: Tch...! I won't be beaten so easily!

Y/n: Gohan, let's finish this!

Gohan: Alright, full power!

The two Saiyans put all their power into their attacks and obliterate Cell.

~ Flashback End ~

Y/n peers into the Time Machine, and there was Future Trunks. It had been nearly a decade since he last saw him.

Y/n: Trunks!

Future Trunks slowly opens his eyes and jumps out of the Time Machine, throwing several punches at Y/n, which the Saiyan dodges.

Y/n: Trunks! What's wrong?! If you wanna spar-

Future Trunks: Damn you, damn you!

Y/n: Trunks, it's me, Y/n!

Future Trunks: Don't you lie to me! I'll kill you!

Suddenly, Vegeta steps in, catching Future Trunks' fist.

Future Trunks: F... Father...?

Vegeta: Trunks, what's the meaning of this...?

Future Trunks: If you're here... I'm in the past! The time machine worked!

Vegeta: Yes, now why are you trying to attack your brother?

Future Trunks: ... I'm... I'm sorry, Y/n...

Y/n: It's cool... But... Who did you think I was?

Future Trunks: There's no easy way to say this... But, I've come back to enlist your aid... You see... Someone who looks just like Y/n appeared a little over a year ago in the future. Only, he was clad in a black and grey Gi with a red sash... He began killing everyone in sight. There aren't many survivors left... Mom began to call him " Y/n Black " and the name stuck. And we just barely got the necessary energy to time travel, but before I left... Mom, she...

Y/n: ... He killed Mom.

Future Trunks nods.

Bulma: ... With my own son's face... How horrible.

Immediately after the sentence leaves her mouth, a distortion in the air turns into a portal, and out comes the figure they were just discussing - Y/n Black.