Hatred of Mortals - Enter Zamasu!

Third person POV

As Beerus, Whis, and Y/n traverse the universes, Y/n speaks up.

Y/n: This Zamasu guy... You said he's interested in mortals. What do you mean by that? And what does it have to do with me?

Whis: Zamasu... He has a... Distaste for mortals, from what I understand. And to be honest, I haven't a single clue as to why that would have anything to do with you in particular, as he's three universes away... But the similarities between Black and Zamasu's energy signatures is both undeniable and concerning.

Beerus: Say, Whis... You don't think he has the means of controlling a mortal against their will, do you?

Whis: No, I don't believe so Lord Beerus, I fear it's something more complex and sinister.

Y/n: ... He's a Kai, right? How sinister can he be...?

Whis: Looks, titles, attitudes, and even occupations can be misleading, Y/n.

Y/n: I know that, it's just... It's hard to imagine, given that any Kais I know of are kind hearted.

Whis: Be that as it may, we should investigate Zamasu... We have no idea what's going on, and this is our only lead.

Y/n: Wait, he had a weird ring on... I'd never seen one like it, so it caught my attention.

Beerus: And he appeared from a portal?

Y/n: Yeah, that's right.

Beerus: ... That's troubling.

Whis: Then we could very well be dealing with the workings of a Supreme Kai.

~ Meanwhile ~

A young Kai makes his way out to a large cherry blossom tree where an older Supreme Kai sat at a simple wooden table. Upon reaching the table, the younger Kai sits down a small tray, with two small saucers, two tea cups, and a kettle full of tea on it.

Younger Kai: Your tea, Master Gowasu.

Gowasu pours himself some tea and takes a sip.

Gowasu: Delicious as always, Zamasu.

Zamasu: Thank you, Master.

Gowasu: Zamasu... About your viewpoint on mortals...

Zamasu: This again, Master? They're nothing more than a blight on this beautiful multiverse.

Gowasu: You're too impatient, Zamasu...

Zamasu sighs and looks away.

Gowasu: I wish for you to take more time before you form an opinion on them...

The two are interrupted by a giant beam of light descending from the sky. After the light dims down, it reveals Beerus, Whis, and Y/n.

Gowasu: Lord Beerus, Whis! How good it is to see you! And who is the young one with you?

Beerus: This here is my universe's strongest Saiyan, Y/n Briefs.

Gowasu's eyes light up.

Gowasu: You were in the Tournament of Destroyers! You managed to defeat Hit, the legendary assassin of Universe 6!

Y/n: You know about that?

Gowasu: Every GodTuber does! What brings someone so popular to my universe?

Y/n: ... Your student, Zamasu.

Gowasu: Oh? Would you like to test his mettle?

Y/n: If he'll agree to it.

' The nerve of this mortal! Leaping from universe to universe to simply get a thrill from combat! And to challenge a God such as myself... And why is he in the company of a God of Destruction and an Angel? ' Zamasu thought.

Zamasu: ... Sure, I'll agree to it.

Y/n: Great!

Zamasu and Y/n get into their fighting stances and Zamasu rushes Y/n, throwing several punches that Y/n dodges before the Saiyan transforms into a Super Saiyan and punches Zamasu in the face, making him stumble backwards. Y/n then transforms into a Super Saiyan 2 and punches Zamasu several times before kicking him into the air and flying after him. Before Zamasu can react, Y/n transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 and punches Zamasu into the ground before landing next to him and reverting to his base form.

Y/n: Not bad.

Zamasu, though not injured, was shocked. Y/n defeated him before he could even process what happened.

' This mortal...! ' Zamasu thought.

Gowasu: Incredible! This should be a lesson for you, Zamasu. Hopefully, you learned from Y/n.

Y/n: You're pretty strong, Zamasu, but... You should train more. You're much stronger than Shin, but you don't hold a candle to Lord Beerus.

Gowasu: You mean...?!

Beerus: Yes, I fought this mortal.

Gowasu: Incredible!

' I must make that power mine... With that kind of power... ' Zamasu thought.

Beerus: Alright, well, we'll be on our way then.

Gowasu: So soon?

Beerus: Sorry, it's important.

Gowasu: Very well... Goodbye, and safe travels.

With that, Whis, Beerus, and Y/n leave and begin heading back to Universe 7.

Y/n: Zamasu is definitely connected. His energy felt like Black's.

Whis: Indeed.

Beerus: This sounds like a messy situation.