Dive in

It was sunset before we knew it. Mother and Father were already eating with Neytiri and Jake, the parents of the forest children. We didn't normally sit with our parents. I wasn't feeling hungry after everything that happened today so I went and sat down with Aonung and his friends, including Tsireya. "Can you believe it? We are just supposed to live among those freaks?" Aonung starts off by saying. Tsireya and I look at eachother. Tsireya sighs, "We need to welcome them with open arms Aonung." She says. "Whatever you say, they are still uncultured freaks." He responds as I look over at the Sully kids. All of them sitting together, when I thought of it, they really had nobody else. I stand up and start walking away. "She is seriously going over there? What's wrong with her man?" Rotxo says as they all watch me leave. "Hey bro, nothing is wrong with her, Y/n is still as dumb as a rock though." Aonung says in defense.

I walk to the part of the beach where the Sully kids were feasting. They all look at me in confusion, "May I sit here?" I ask, hoping that they wouldn't mind. The oldest brother looks at his siblings then nods in acceptance. I smile and sit down. It felt awkward, like I was interrupting something. "So, uh I'm Y/n." I say, I realized that they probably didn't know my name, and I didn't know theirs either. "Yeah, Y/n the chiefs daughter. We know princess." Says the oldest daughter. She had such a emotionless look on her face. I just stared at her in surprise, well I guess they do know my name after all. The girl takes her food and walks away, still no emotion in her body. "Don't worry about it, that's Kiri. She has given up a lot to come here. She will get used to it eventually." The oldest brother says. I give a guilty smile. "Anyway, I am Neteyam, and that is Lo'ak and Tuk." Neteyam says while gesturing over to them. Lo'ak gives a simple wave as he makes eye contact with me. "Hello!" Waves Tuk. "It's nice to meet you all, properly that is."

————————————————————
Lo'aks POV:

I look over the edge of the dock into the water. Looking at Neteyam. "Just jump in...can't be that hard." Neteyam says. I nod in agreement. I see Y/n and Aonungs heads peek from above the water as they waited for us to dive in. I decided to go for it and we both jumped in. Not nearly as graceful as Y/n was when she jumped in. Her long body perfectly angled to break the surface of the water, while I looked like a chicken jumping in.

I opened my eyes and could see the reef and ocean around me. I looked ahead and saw Y/n swimming below me, she was already looking at me with a huge smile on her face. I laughed at the sight started to follow. Her and Aonung swam so much faster than Neteyam and I. I could feel my lungs getting tight so we went up for air. Soon, Y/n and Aonung joined us at the surface. "Yall swim too fast, we don't have the same experience as you guys." Neteyam said. I nodded in agreement. "You just have to breathe." Y/n said calmly. "You are not good divers, maybe when swimming through trees but-" Aonung was soon interrupted by Y/n slapping him upside the head, causing him to stop laughing.
————————————————————
Y/n's POV:

We all sat on a rock near the shore. "You cannot swim properly if you can't breathe properly." Tsireya said. Lo'ak and Neteyam especially had a hard time staying underwater very long so they need this technique. I place my left hand on Lo'aks chest and my right hand on his stomach. He flinched and his eyes widened. I pretended not to notice how nervous he was. "Breathe from your stomach, imagine a flame as you breathe in and out." Lo'ak nods in response, still tensed up. "Okay take a deep breath into your stomach." I tell him as my hand pats his stomach to demonstrate where. I feel his chest rise as he sucks the air in. "Good job, now breathe out." I look at him as he breathes the air out shakily. I could feel his heart pounding against my hand. He looks down at me, his eyes were sparkling. "Your heartbeat is very fast, slow down." I tell him as he apologizes. I look at Neteyam out the corner of my eye and he is laughing with Rotxo. Although Kiri is watching and rolling her eyes at me as usual.
————————————————————
I walk Lo'ak back to his Marui pod because it is getting late and all of his siblings already returned home before us. "Thankyou." He says, breaking the silence. "No problem, everyone starts somewhere." We continue walking until suddenly my foot slips off the side of the path walk and I feel myself falling toward the water, bracing myself for impact. But I didn't fall, I turn my head back to look and Lo'ak had grabbed my forearm, stopping me from falling. He smiled at me and pulled me back in. Wrapping him arms around me to keep my stable. We both laugh it off as we continue walking to his pod. I wave goodbye at Neytiri and Jake as I jokingly push Lo'ak inside.