A fading smile

"I will not hesitate to execute your kid..." he says as he pushes the gun harder into Lo'aks head.

There was a moment of silence, like time was frozen.

"What's it gonna be?" The old avatar says, still having the gun on Lo'aks head. Causing Lo'ak and us not to flinch or make any noise that could trigger him into firing that gun.

"I'm coming out" Jake says into the speaker. He starts to slowly ride over in our direction towards the boat.

There were guns pointed at Jake from all directions from the boat. "It's an easy shot", says one of the avatar soldiers. "If we hit him now then they will attack...wait til he's on board."

Lo'ak growls at the man in frustration. Just thinking that we weren't going to get out of this..Payakan had other plans.

He jumps out of the water, the sea water splashing everywhere like a tsunami. All of the soldiers start to shoot at Payakan, but realize it's too late.

Payakan lands directly onto the ship, squishing many soldiers in the process.

"Payakan!!" Tuk yells, happy to see Payakan.

A soldier shoots at Payakan with his gun but Lo'ak kicks him to the ground from behind. Causing the soldier to flip onto the floor.

The Metkayina people charge toward the boat on their skimwings, screaming their war cries and holding up their weapons.

Soldiers continue to fire at Payakun from all directions until Payakun dives back into the depths of the sea.

Jake and the others dive into the water to prevent getting shot as they continue to make their way over to us.

"Look!" I yell, gesturing to Neytiri flying above us while shooting soldiers with her arrows.

Lo'ak has a genuine smile on his face as he watches his mother take down enemy planes and ships.

Ships are quickly taken down one by one and soldiers are dying left and right.

The old avatar chases Neytiri, shooting at her trying to take her down. Well, until Jake interferes and starts shooting the man to protect his wife.

There are fires and explosions happening every second, causing smoke to soar through the air.

The drivers had lost control of the ship. The ship was heading straight for a big rock.

"Hold on!" Lo'ak yells as we brace for impact as the ship flies over the rock. Causing our bodies to lift off the floor of the ship.

Payakan was causing ships to crash constantly, flipping them over, pushing them into rocks, and squishing them.

We are still trying to get out of the handcuffs, kicking the railings, biting the ropes. It was no use, we couldn't budge the cuffs no matter how hard we tried.

To our surprise, Neteyam had managed to climb his way onto the boat. "Neteyam!!" Tuk yells excitedly to see her big brother.

"Hey baby brother, need some help?" Neteyam says as he uses his dagger to slice my handcuffs off.

After Neteyam cuts everyone's handcuffs off, Tuk runs off to the ilu while Neteyam and I watch Lo'ak grab one of the dead soldiers guns.

"They have Spider, we have to go get him!" Lo'ak tries to persuade us.

I don't even know who Spider is but I guess that Spider is the human boy from earlier, I don't see why we should risk our lives even more for this human kid.

Neteyam and I sigh. "Come on bro! Y/n! We can't leave him."

I roll my eyes at his stupidity. "Fine" I finally agree and we get a move on.

We sneakily climb along the railing of the inside roof to one of the ships, multiple soldiers running below us.

We peak over the edge to see Spider being forced to walk with a bunch of soldiers. "Look! There he is!" I whisper as I point to them below us.

We all nod to eachother and jump down onto the soldiers, ambushing them.

We swing punches at them, throwing them over the railings into the waters and knocking them out to the ground.

"Bro come on!" The human boy yells.
"Let's go!" Neteyam also says as we make a run for it.

We jump down the ladder to reach the bottom floor of the ship. "Thanks guys...and girl I don't know." Spider says.

We spot another soldier who seems to have also spotted us. We turn around and make a run for it through the maze of the ship. Lo'ak tries to raise his gun in the air to shoot back at the soldier but Neteyam and I push him alone with us.

Bullets were flying near us every second, the CLANK of the bullets hitting the metal was unbearable to hear.

"Go go go!" Spider screams as we continue to run.

I feel Lo'ak grab my arm with his free hand and pull me up closer to him as bullets continue to fly past us.

We find a corner to hide in, "Give me that!" Neteyam yells at Lo'ak while grabbing the gun from his hands. Neteyam peeks around the corner and fires back at the soldier.

"Go go go!" Neteyam yells, pointing in the direction he wants us to go as he continues to fire at them.

"This way!" Spider tells us, we follow Spider and dive into an opening that leads out into the ocean.

I feel the cool water hit my body all around me, the cold water felt so good after my body was bruised up and hot from all the running.

Soon, Neteyam dives into the pool as well, following us. We slowly swim around the side of the boat, hoping not to be seen by more soldiers.

We finally break through the surface of the fresh water.

"Haha! That was insane cuz!" Lo'ak laughs to me and Spider. Lo'ak Looks at me with the biggest smile on his face as he pulls me in for a hug and a high five. He was so childish, like a toddler.

Then Neteyam breaks through the surface of the water. Lo'ak and Spider were all caught up in the moment that they barely noticed him.

He looked like he was struggling to breath, gasping for all the oxygen he could get. Only his chin and up was above the water.

"Neteyam, is everything alright?" I say worried as I swim over to him.

"Ow!" He whispers, barely having enough voice to scream for help.

"Come on bro!" Lo'ak says as an ilu comes to get us, still with that smile on his face.

"I- I've been shot..." Neteyam manages to push out.

I watched the smile on Lo'aks face disappear...