Him

The next day was a pain in the neck. I kept thinking about this "arranged mating" thing. But, I have no idea what I could do to stop it all.

I was walking along the beach that morning as I hear little fast footsteps coming from behind me.

"Y/n!" Tuk yells as she springs towards me, she could run surprisingly fast for a girl with little legs.

"Oh, hello Tuk!" I say, trying to get the negative thoughts out of my mind to hide it all.

"Do you want to help me collect seashells?" She asks, when she asks me a question or a favor she always uses those puppy dog eyes. The faces she makes are irresistible.

"Well of course!" I say as she jumps with joy.

We start walking along the shore, stopping every now and then for Tuk to examine a shell just for her to throw it back into the water, usually saying "meh, not my style." This would cause me to cackle everytime she did it.

We are enjoying the ocean seashells until Lo'ak came up to me. "Hey, I don't know what this is about but your father wants you."

Goodness, he was completely clueless. I never told Lo'ak because I didn't know how he would react or think about it all.

He sees the smile on my face drop, sadness spread all over my expressions.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He asked me, placing his hand on my cheek.

I gave him a slight smile, "nothing to worry about, everything is ok." He could obviously tell that I was lying to him, I hated lying straight to his face like that.

He planted a kiss on my forehead and we looked into each others eyes, smiling.

"Oooooo.." I hear Tuk saying behind us, we almost forgot she was here.

We laughed it off as I walked to the Marui where my father would most likely be at.

As I was getting closer, I could hear voices talking. Definitely not mother and father, mother had a soothing but strong voice while father had a deeper voice. But these voices were nothing like theirs.

I took a deep breath as I walked in. I spotted many eyes laying upon me. There was a mother, father...and a boy around my age. Of course..

The mother was very beautiful, her hair was in a fluffy bun on top of her head, braids leading into it. While the father was very tough looking, his curly hair was half up half down. His eyes were sharp, like they could pierce through my skull.

And of course, the son. His black hair was almost like Aonungs. The bun on top of his head, but he had some braids hanging down to shape his face. He looked kind but also secretly judge. Almost fake.

I made eye contact with the boy. I didn't feel any connection between us at all, and I don't think he felt anything either.

"This is my daughter Y/n, Y/n this is Ma'ru." Father says as he motions to Ma'ru and I.

After they introduced us, the parents got really caught up in conversation. Barely acknowledging Ma'ru and I.

I make eye contact with the boy, "want to get out of here?" He whispers over to me. Relieved, I nod as we walk out of the Marui.

I chuckle, "I don't even think that they noticed us leaving!" I say to him as he walks along side me, he is surprisingly tall.

"You got that right." He replies. For a moment, there was a bit of silence as we walked along the beach, just looking around at the nature to distract ourselves.

"Hey..I hope you know that I'm not interested in any of this. You seem like a great girl but-"

I interrupt him, "I'm so relieved, I am not interested either!"

He looks very surprised, "Wait, really? That's great to know."

I nod. "Yeah, I like someone else but I don't think my parents would ever accept him and I." I try to tell him.

He stops walking and turns toward me in confusion. "Why wouldn't they support it? I know nothing of this guy but I bet he is great."

I let out a deep breath of air, "He is part of the Omatikaya Clan, they moved here seeking safety from skypeople." I was hoping that he wouldn't cringe in disgust like others do.

"Well, makes no difference to me, Navi are Navi. Nothing different." I smile at his statement as we continue to walk along the beach.

"So...how are we going to tell our parents?" I ask him, not making eye contact but looking at the sand as my feet kick little flakes of sand into the air.

"We will just have to break it to them eventually, I am staying for a few days."

"Yeah, even though I am already in enough trouble with my father."

We both sigh, "I know how you feel, being the oldest. Always having to be a role model for others." He tells me, I could see the sadness in his eyes.
————————————————————
Lo'aks POV:

I sat on the floor of the Marui, carving my knife that is made out of wood.

I can tell that mother is looking at me, I was angry and frustrated.

Neytiri sighs and sits in front of me, crossing her legs just like me.

"Son, what is wrong?"

I don't answer at first until she asks me again.

"I don't want to talk about." I tell her, I didn't mean to say it so harshly but it just came out.

Mother slaps me upside the head. "Do not speak to me that way, but you will tell me what is wrong." She says as she places her hands on mine to stop my hands from cutting my knife.

I lock eyes with her. "I saw Y/n walking down the beach with some new guy." I say, my voice kind of shaky.

"So? You don't know what it was about, what if they were related?" She says to me, she clearly didn't understand my concern. Although I love her very much.

"It's not just that, it's the way that they talked to each other with the smiles on their faces. They looked awkward but there was a connection there, mother." I thought back to how he looked at her as they walked out of Y/n's Marui, laughing about something. What could be so funny?

"Lo'ak, I suggest that you ask her about it first before taking things too far. I don't want you to regret anything." She says, taking her hands off of mine as she goes back to carving her own knife.

I nod in agreement and get up from my spot, walking out of my Marui to go find Y/n.

I finally spotted her from across the beach, but she was talking to someone.

Talking to Him.

Hi lovely's!! I just got done with practice and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Thankyou all for supporting my tight schedule! 💗 I love you all! Also tell me your opinions about this Ma'ru guy? 🫢