The Omaticaya Journey

After Loak calmed me down from the whole situation. We walked back to the others, hoping to tell them.

"Maybe we shouldn't tell them yet." Loak says to me as we walk ankle deep in the water along the shore.

You could hear the waves crashing against the sand, hitting my legs.

"Why not?" I ask, looking up at him.

He sucked in his lips for a second, I could hear his breathing as he was thinking of what to reply to my question.

"Well, I just don't think that they should know just yet. And besides..we don't know how they will react" he says to me, looking into my eyes.

I sighed. "You have a point, but they have to know at some point. They are going to find out either way."

He lowered his head then looked back at me, nodding his head in agreement, silently.

We continued to walk along the shore until we saw the group in the distance, exactly where we had left them.

We grew closer to them. I sat down right beside Aonung, Loak following me and sitting down on the other side of me.

He leaned his arms forward onto his knees, his face was a bit stern.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Kiri says as she motions to Loak and I. Although I thought that I had looked perfectly fine.

They all could tell something was bothering me as I didn't answer her question right away.

I soon felt the reassurance of Loaks tail wrapping around my waist, pulling me in to scoot towards him.

"Loak and I overheard Tonowari and Ronal speaking." I said hesitantly.

At first, I was so sure that I wanted them to know about it all. But now I was starting to overthink it.

"And? What was it about?" Rotxo says curiously, his eyebrows furrowing.

"They want to move the village somewhere else." Loak says before I even get the chance to release a singular word.

"What do you mean by leave?" Tsireya says, standing up. She was clearly confused but I could see a bit of hurt in her eyes.

I could hear the panic of the others in the group as well, all of the mumbling and rushed whispering to one another.

"We have to leave the clan. Find somewhere else to go. Our village is destroyed, we have no choice." I say, not making eye contact with my sister.

She threw her arms in the air sarcastically, clearly stressed out. She scoffed and started to tear up. Tsireya loved the clan just as much as I did, we grew up here. Never wanting to leave.

"Where do they want to move to?" Neteyam says out of curiosity, also leaning forward on his knees just like Loak.

"I'm not exactly sure." Loak says.
—————————————————

After the group separated for the rest of the day, Loak and I went to mother and fathers Marui. We both wanted answers.

I walked in with Loak following close beside me.

Father and Mother looked at me, knowing that I was probably coming in to bother them with a dumb question.

"Where are you wanting to move to?" I said, not thinking twice of giving them the whole sob story about how I overheard them earlier.

Loak crossed his arms infront of his chest, listening in to what they had to say.

My father made a silent gasp, choking on his own words.

"How do you know about this?" He says to me, whispering to make sure nobody else overhears.

"We heard you guys talking about it earlier, y'all talk surprisingly loud." Lo'ak says, his words really make me overthink about how my own mate has no filter to what he says whatsoever.

Mother rolled her eyes at his comment.

"We aren't exactly sure, we have many options. This might sound extreme but the Omaticaya is at the top of the list." Father says, trying to keep me calm.

My eyebrows furrow at him. "The forest? You really think that we are going to be able to adapt to that?" I say, questioning him.

He shrugs at me, "The Sulky family did just fine here, I'm sure you will do the same over there." He says to me, nodding at Loak who had a smile on his face.

I scoffed at them and walked into a different room in the Marui pod.

I took about 10 steps inside the room before I felt Lo'aks presence as he followed me in there.

He was curiously and anxiously watching all of my actions.

I grabbed my pictures upon the wall, some of my clothing, and all of my jewelry.

He watched me as I jammed all of it into a brown, cloth pouch.

"Y/n, what is this that you are doing?" He asks me, silently observing my bedroom.

"Well I'm packing my stuff, we are going to the Omaticaya arent we?" I ask him as I continue to pack more items.

I was just about to put one of my flower crowns inside my bag when Loak walks up to me, grabbing it out of my hands and putting it down on my hammock.

"You are clearly stressed about this." He says to me.

Loak brushes a piece of hair out of my face, looking into my eyes.

"It will all be okay" he continues to say to me.

I smile at him and plant a kiss on his lips.

His face turns slightly red and his eyebrows raise up just a little bit.

He plants himself down onto my hammock, still looking at me.

"And besides, the forest is amazing. There are so many fun things to do." He says to me, making imaginary thought bubbles above his head.

I laugh at his stupidity, "really?" I say to him, laying down right beside him

"Of course! It may be very different, but I think you will love it there."