Quiet Sobs

We all watched as Quaritch was pleading for forgiveness.

"I know that I have caused your family great harm. I didn't realize what you all must've felt by losing your family..until I lost my own."

I looked at Loak, meeting his eyes.

He sighed and nodded.

"Fine. You can stay, but if you cause any of the slightest trouble. You are dead" Aonung says.

I could see the relief spread across Quaritchs face.

"Thankyou, thankyou, very much" he rambled on, as if he didn't know how to thank us more than he already did.

I gave a slight smile to him, this time I actually meant for him to have it.

We know that it will be risky to have him stay with us, but it is worth a shot. If I was him, I would've wanted someone to forgive me, even if I didn't deserve it.

"Alright guys, we have to go back to the village." Aonung says, breaking the silence as he placed his hands on Loak and Neteyams backs, patting them twice before picking his spear off of the ground.

"Aonung is right, it's about time we go back and break the news." I said as I looked at Ma'ru and Spider.

It took awhile but eventually we had lifted Spiders body onto Kiris ilu and also put Marus body and Quaritch onto Neteyams ilu.

Aonung called over his ilu and was prepared to get on by himself. He wrapped his legs around and made the bond just as Tuk jumped onto the ilu, sitting right behind him.

Loak and I laughed and let out a few chuckles as Aonung looked at us as if he was almost offended but disappointed that he couldn't ride by himself.

Although, Aonung still had the heart to never be able to tell Tuk the word no. So he let her stay on with him.

I got onto one of the ilus with Loak, sitting behind him with my arms wrapped around his think waist.

We all sent off toward the village, soaring through the water. I felt Loaks hand reach back and hold onto my thigh to keep me on the ilu, causing me to wrap my arms around his waist tighter.

He looked back at me with a charming smile.

We flew through the water as I watched all of the beauty of the ocean.

There were so many colorful fish all around me, and the coral was gorgeous, displaying their bright colors all throughout the ocean.

—————————————————

We finally arrived to the village, although the village barely even looked like a village anymore.

Loak disconnected his bond with the ilu and stepped off onto the shore before turning back towards me. He reached out his hand and I simply placed my hand in his so he could help me keep balance while stepping off the ilu.

Tuk ran up to Kiri and linked pinky fingers with each other out of comfort and security.

Not letting go of Loaks hand, I looked around at the village. Smoke through the air, ashes passed by my face every second.

There were no more soldiers around, guessing by the fact that none were in sight and their bodies could be found spread out through the beaches and Maruis.

But although we won, we lost a lot of our clan. I could recognize some of the villagers who were left to pass.

The village was like a ghost town, nobody could be seen.