The Punishment

Surprisingly, Lo'ak took me to my parents marui, dragging me along as I resisted to go. You would think that they wouldn't care, but as future chief, it's my job to represent.

My parents don't keep much of an eye on me, but I knew that they would at some point.

Lo'ak puts his hands on my shoulders to make me sit infront of my parents.

"Look, it's not that big of a deal-" I try to say until my lover interrupts me.

"It is a big deal. I hate to do this but Y/n got into a physical fight with Spider."

Soon after Lo'ak says that, Neteyam comes in with Spider. Sitting Spider down right next to me.

I hiss at him and scoot away, no way I wanted to be near him.

My father takes a look at Spiders face and his jaw falls right open. Spiders nose was bleeding, his eye was black and there was blood smeared on his face.

"So, what was all of this over?" Mother says, trying to stay calm.

Spider tries to speak first but I shush him. "He saved Quaritch from drowning." I simply say, that was enough that needed to be said.

Ronal and Tonowaris face get absorbed by anger. "You saved the man that almost caused everyone to die?!" Mother says, stepping forward to him. Looking down on the human boy as I sit there with a grin spread across my face.

"We will decide your punishment tomorrow, we can't have you bring war back to us." He says calmly, I can tell he wanted to burst out with rage just as I did before.

"Yes sir" Spider says, nodding his head as he stands up, still looking down at his disgusting feet as he walks out of the Marui.

Lo'ak nods at me and takes a step outside with Neteyam, I would guess that they would be waiting on me.

"Now for you. You had every right to hit him, but you can't start fights with people!" Father yells at me. Is he seriously doing this right now?

I stand up without being told to. "I was trying to protect the people! You let in some human boy that we have never met, never questioned. And when he turns out to be the son of the man who caused us war, you are surprised!?" I say.

He was speechless. He didn't say a word as he grabbed mothers arm and whispered to her. I could see my mother shaking her head at her husband.

Tonowari turns back to me, clearly mother and father didn't agree on what they were talking about.

"We aren't going to punish you-" mother starts to say.

"No, you will be punished!" Father starts to say until he sees the look on mothers face.

He sighs, "just get out of here" he points to the doorway and I nod at him before walking out.

————————————————————

It was time for dinner and we all gathered around a small fire on the beach. I didn't bother getting anything to eat while Lo'ak was chowing down on his fish right next to me.

I kept making eye contact with Spider who sat somewhat across from me. I glared at him everytime until Lo'ak noticed and gave us both a quit it type look.

I tried everything to not mention any of the events that had happened today. Mostly just not to make anything awkward, I would gladly say anything I needed to if I could.

I was trying to find the positive in the moment until Aonung came up to me and grabbed my shoulder. "Hey Y/n..dad wants you."

I sigh and stand up. "Where are you going?" Lo'ak says as he grabs my hand.

"I have to go see father, he's calling for me. I will be back." I say to him as he calmly let's go of my hand as he nods in agreement.

Aonung and I start to walk over to the part of the beach where mother and father were. It wasn't too far from where the Sullys were sitting, if they listened hard enough, they could probably hear our conversation. Not to mention that they could also see us too.

Aonung and I walk slowly side by side. "So, what do they want from me?" I say as I turn my head to look at him.

He doesn't speak for a moment. "I don't think your going to like it" he says as he looks down at the ground.

We come upon father and mother. Father looked at me with a calm face, clearly I wasn't in trouble. And mother stood behind him, her arms crossed and doubt on her face.

"What did you call me for?" I ask curiously.

"We decided that we will be choosing your mate." He lets out happily, I guess he was just happy for me to have a future someone. But I already had my someone.

"YOU decided.." mother exclaims from behind him. I could tell that she didn't want to do this to me, she knows how I feel.

"I don't want this! I want to be with someone of my own choice that I love, not some random boy who I am forced to love." I say, hoping that he will understand.

He shakes his head no and walks away with mother back to their Marui.

I feel a hand placed onto my back as I see Aonung comforting me. He really could be a nice brother at times.

"I'm sorry."

This one is a bit shorter than the others so I apologize! Tomorrow I have practice from 4:30 to 7:30 so I will not be releasing the next chapter until later at night! (Also because the new season of Ginny and Georgia comes out tomorrow 🤭) but I love you all and thankyou so much for the support!