Chapter 8

- Kanat but I have no relationship with this man.

-You don't?-I repeat, I don't have any relationship with this asshole. 

I look at his picture and all the other pictures of the others.

- I have long since cut ties with that world and I have no intention of getting involved again, boss.He turns his desk away, walks over to my chair and says :

- like everyone says, but you'll probably end up like them.I turn my gaze to him:-How do you explain that?

-Because you're going to be part of this mission, you're going to be their pawn, like your sister. Am I right?

- How can you say that?

- Don't play innocent with me, Eda. I know you will never, ever cheat on me.

I look him straight in the eye and we stare at each other for a moment. 

Then he goes back into his office

- Don't say that, boss. I'm going to see this through and there will never be any lies or secrets.He starts yelling at me:

- I didn't call you in to justify yourself ......... I see in your eyes that you are lying to me.

 - Aren't you being unfair, chief?

- Listen to me carefully. You must never deceive your fellow man with your feelings, otherwise the game is over and an inspector makes a pact with the devil, loses his status and is only human.

He throws the file in my face and waves me off.-You are fired surprised, I look at him with an incomprehensible air because I do not understand anything... I get up abruptly from my chair and lean very hard on his desk.

 - I am fired? why did you wait two years to tell me that?You shouldn't have entrusted me with this case.

-Are you asking me to account for it?

-You say I just got fired, I have to accept it?

-Take your place. You forget who you're talking to.

-I'M NOT FORGETTING ANYTHING. WHAT DID I DO WRONG, BESIDES BEING PART OF THE ACCIDENT? 

-stop it. Maybe you should calm down.

i give his desk a big thump and get ready to leave.but I come back to his desk and tell him 

- I don't have to justify myself, right? I want you to know one thing, I will never be one of them, never, but I am willing to make sacrifices to save my sister and bring justice. No one will ever come in my way.

I point my finger at him and add:

-You will see one day that I will bring him back to you in person. On that day I will be proud of my work and my skills. I will not let any feeling overwhelm me.

I start to shout:

- I AM NOT HERE TO SERVE THE MAFIA AND I AM HERE TO DO JUSTICE.You are lucky that you are still alive, chief.

I run out and slam his door. "I see I'm alone on this case, very well I'll show them the good and the bad of my work".