Chapter 19

good riddance, I don't have any pity or regret or love for this person. 

I make myself very small in the neighborhood because I don't want him to know I'm back. 

The more people know, the more danger they are in. I especially don't want the devil to know my tavern. I come home and see my mother lying on the couch.

Her face is cold, pale and sad. She has cried so much that her soul can't take it anymore. 

I see the living room is in a thousand pieces. everything is devastated, ugly, disoriented .... the sound of the television speaks alone to the walls. 

i can't be angry because she is devastated to have lost her daughter. I came back several years ago as if she had lost her two daughters a long time ago. 

My father left, I left, then Hazal and Ekim's father left, and we are all cowards, but she is brave!

 I kneel beside her and stroke her hair: 

-Mom, come on, wake up!

-Eda, is that you?

-Yes, it's me, who can it be?

I look at the medicines scattered on the table and I turn my gaze towards her, I see her eyes staring into the void. 

I caress her hands and she wakes up with a start:

-What time is it?-It's evening...I help her to get up ..... she whispers: the time, the time ....she stumbles and I raise her strongly by supporting her weight on my shoulders:

-watch out, you are going to fall!

I take the medicines from the table and say:

-I take the medicine from the table 

-you know that the medicine makes you unstable, don't you?

-I'm happy to be able to sleep all the time, my child 

-you are fine 

- Yes, I'm fine.

I take her to the kitchen and sit her down on the chair:

-I don't know how long it's been since I lost the taste for cooking! 

I start to prepare the food: 

-I didn't know you could cook. I smile and she adds:

- but it still requires a little perfection. I burst out laughing and turn to her: 

-I too am a fan of your dishes.

-Don't bother. I'm not asking you to take care of me!

-Listen, mother, you're weak and we need someone to manage this house, don't we?

She smiled at me. It was the most beautiful and innocent smile I have ever seen!

 I smiled warmly back at her and said:

- don't leave me again, Eda!

 -never!

.....

once we have eaten a good family meal, I help my mother to lie down in her bed.

She tells me to turn off the light but she gently grabs my arm and says:

-You can come and sleep with me as we used to do.

- She leaves me in her place and jumps to her side so that she can wrap me in her arms. 

When I felt her warmth, I fell asleep immediately.