Chapter 28

- Okay, what did he do to get there?!

-He started turning his house into a crime scene from hell...... It's still as dangerous today as it was then, a place full of criminals! Of course, given his close relationship with law enforcement, these situations tend to go unresolved. 

-So... the slightest mistake and I don't survive, right?!

- I'm here to protect you but ....He looks away, his jaw tightening.

- I can put a mark on your arm !.

- You mean the one that identifies your clan, right?-

It's similar, but not quite the same. 

-I don't need your protection! I can survive!

-It's just temporary .... and it will fade quickly!

 -Is it like a burning tattoo?

-Yes, it's not painful, ... and once you get it, everyone will know you be part of this world .

-Very good!

He takes my left forearm, turns it to expose the visibility of my blue veins and takes a kind of tampo ..... His fingers accentuate on the tampo to reveal the pattern ...... how painful! 

the tampo tears my skin leaving the trace of a tattoo!When we see my skin, we notice a pattern not drawn but rather engraved a mark on the skin as we burn the hand for a long time and leaves traces!I am very close to him .....Ai,Ai, it hurts me ...! I instinctively move away from him ....

-shit, it hurts like a dog!

-Don't worry, with time it will only be a scar!

His eyes meet mine, calm and reassuring.I can feel my heart beating very fast....feel the pain increasing...he goes to look for something in the drawer: he takes out a kind of metal box, he opens it and takes out a bright red mucous liquid He comes close to me and puts it on the burning thing!and instantly...the pain disappeared .... replaced only by a slight tickle 

-what is this? a remedy?

-you could say that I trace the insignia with my fingers: I'm curling!I have the blood flowing from my hands.

-I'll put some cold water on it 

-good idea I go to the toilet to wash my hands ...I let the water run over my hand and I don't feel anything ....strange ! I contemplate my face in the mirror and I see it appear near the door:

-That was very brave. It's rare to find someone who can stand such pain!

-it's in my nature!

-I see.Still smiling, Kanat goes back to his office and I follow him. 

He enters a second room, a kind of dressing room, which I don't know.

This room is hidden, behind a kind of old style bookcase. He brings me back an elegant dress but it is not my style!

-so.... The Sefi has a very strict dress code to enter his world. 

-Great and all! 

-Fortunately, I have something to offer you.

it's a dress from the 80's, a long white dress that reaches the knees ..... a kind of dress with feathers around it, a kind of dress that Marylin used to wear at the time .... with a pearl necklace and long white leather gloves.