A Death Note!?

(Ayako's POV)

The boys seemed disturbed and guilty.

"Look. Jayden, she's crying." Said the youngest boy.

Jayden glimpsed at me once, with a spark of sympathy and worry in his eyes.

But that look just faded away in the blink of an eye.

Instead, his expression was cunning and devious. What shit was he upto?

He continued to stare at me with an evil intent in his eyes.

After a few seconds, he stood up and started moving away casually, hands in his pockets.

"Where do you think you're going, Jay?" His closest friend, Joichiro said. He was also the youngest of them all. His words didn't quite match his sweet voice.

"She's not crying," Jayden said in a heavy tone, stopping in his tracks, without a look back.

"She's not our responsibility anyway,"

He said abruptly and strolled back to his seat.

Before we could react, the class teacher entered the class, making everybody rush back to their seats.

The passageway was clear unlike a moment ago.

The guys returned to their seats, too. It seemed as if nothing had ever happened.

I reluctantly stood up from my seat along with everyone else to greet the teacher. I was pissed off.

"So you weren't crying after all, huh?" Riko said with her regular demeanour.

I smiled back at her.

"You know me. I don't lower my pride for peculiar reasons."

She beamed but her expression suddenly shifted to a rather uneasy one.

"What's the matter. . .?

She turned her face towards me and turned it back again.

"Have a look for yourself."

Huh...? Was I seeing what I was seeing?

A book stuck out of Jayden's bag. It read out the words

                     "DEATH NOTE".  .  .