Work To Do

(Ayako's POV)

Everybody had settled down. Well, everybody, except me and the other girls, in other words all the boys were sweating like hell.

"Ahh, good grief." Myura's calm voice interrupted my thoughts.

Myura! What're you doing here?

I heard her scoff.

Listen, you know you're not supposed to be here, in between class.

I worried.

What if someone notices me lost in my head and suspect if I'm talking to some unknown force-

They'll just think you're talking to yourself. . .

She had a point. Plus, it was partially true.

Anyway, I'm just here to inform you about the progress of the project, Ayako.

I appreciate your earnestness, but can't we do it later? You see I'm trying to concentrate here-

"Ayako,"

Huh? Myura, did you hear th-

It's Jayden, behind you!

I cut out my conversation with Myura. Turning back, I saw Jayden facing me.

"Hey, what's up?" I approached.

"You said you wanted to join us in football."

I just remembered myself promising him to join his team.

You see, I had great reasons to do so.

1. The girls group just wasted the whole PE, either deciding which sports to play, or chit-chatting. I didn't belong there. Every time, I felt left out.

2. The boys, on the other hand, played professional football. Joining them would result in development of skills.

3. I also wanted to keep a close eye on Jayden. I wanted to know what he was doing, every moment, every second. I also wish if I could just. . . Enter his mind. That would answer a lot of questions...