Suspect

(Jackie's POV)

We marched out of the roadside cafe, trying to avoid the stalker. Who could be after us? I had no clue. But I had to take action because the others were counting on me.

"Who do you think it was? A stalker or an agent?" Ayako questioned as we were walking down the road.

I saw a small lane ahead. Deciding it would be safe there, I took a turn. "I dunno. For now all we can do is ensure our safe-" I stopped half track as soon as I realized.

"Oh. . . So that guy wanted us to spot him and purposely made it too obvious so we run out and-"

"Too late, sporty girl." A blonde haired guy, covered with a hoodie approached us. We had already entered the unknown lane.

Behind me I could see Ayako and Riko sweating. She read my mind and mumbled, "Don't worry, it's because of the sun."

"Sure. . ." I mumbled nervously.

Don't have doubts now, you stupid idiot! You've got to do something!

I was lucky that atleast Ayako wasn't the tense one here. The worst that could happen was watching Ayako panick.

I drew my breath in and leashed out my sword, ready for the consequences. I was well aware this could be a trap.

The blondie got jumpscared, and immediately rushed backwards

I knew it! He's just a decoy, his alibi will be here soon.

There was no other option. I had to do this or we'd loose. There was no time for sympathy. Without a second thought, I ran straight towards him, gripping the greatsword tighter and launching it in his direction.

Thwack.

The man got knocked unconscious by 80 kgs. Why? Our elegant ladies, of course! Myura and Maiko leaped at him from a roof nearby.

"Made it just in time. Imagine if I wouldn't be here, what you would have done?" Myura pondered.

"Killed him, I'd have no other choice, I was about to do that anyway. But I guess the plan worked."

"Why do you remind me of Erwin Smith from AOT? He was a gambler, just like you."

I scoffed at that. "Erwin was a great captain, too. His gambles, which were his risky plans were often a success."

"My, my. Now let's back to work, shall we ladies?" Maiko interrupted.

"Huh, sure thing." I turned towards the others, "Riko! Ayako! Plan's a success."

Riko stood stared at Ayako, unsure what to say. Ayako was giving me an ungrateful look.

"What's the matter?" I walked past her.

She frowned. "Isn't it obvious? This is all Jayden's doing. I bet that blond guy-"

"It's not him." Myura confirmed, lifting up the hoodie of the mysterious man. "Frankly, we've got no idea what's going on."

"Speak for yourself," I scoffed, "I've already got a plan ready." She didn't believe me at first, though. Frowning, she said, "Really? Or are you just trying to promote yourself?"

I crossed my arms and argued, "Who the hell do you think I am?"

"My rival." Myura ended. My eyes lit up.

"Hah, don't get impatient now, fellow competitor. We've got lots of time to fight. Now hear me out, everyone." I said, raising my voice, "Time to rack our brains." I made sure all of them were listening. "Now, we have an idiot right in front of us, a blonde one. We definitely know it's not Jayden in disguise." Ayako frowned at the thought.

"You're right, Jackie. Jayden looks way better than this guy. Right, Ayako?" Riko swung her arm on Ayako and she blushed.

"The heck, Riko. Nice one, but we got no time to spend on teasing Ayako." I replied.

"So, are you gonna let us on your new plan already?" Maiko said while admiring her nails. She was the girliest one here.

"You, Maiko. My plan here is you."