Fooling Around (April Fools Special)

(Ayako's POV)

"OMG, wake up Ayako!" The first thing I heard that morning was this.

"What is it now, Riko?" I said, half asleep, half bored.

I felt an arm shaking me violently. "Oh stop it, Riko." I retorted, "I know today's April Fools Day and even I am cooking up ideas to fool Jayden. . ."

(Jackie's POV)

I was sitting up on a bench, carrying out my work. I was just helping a few people out with their daily chores, which we adventures call 'commissions'. In return of course, we expect rewards.

An old granny had asked me to find some ingredients for her which were surprisingly very common, so I was just sitting and locating them on my map. Suddenly, I heard footsteps.

Huh, it could be anyone.

I'm in the corner of a main street right now, it could either be an innocent person or a-

Wait, green eyes? Black hair? Why does she look so familiar? Oh and that girl behind her with that adorable face and red hair. . .

"Jackie! We need your help. Wait, why are you staring at us like that?" Riko said.

"Oooh, it's you guys. I almost didn't recognize you in that outfit." I said, pointing towards their skirts and tops. That outfit looked familiar as well.

"Did you guys apply cashier for some company?" I asked. They both smirked and faced each other.

"What are you both up to?" I was suspicious of them.

"Hehe, nothing. Just wait and watch."

(Jayden's POV)

I was laying on my couch lazily, switching channels on the television.

"Not this, this? No, not this either. . ." I mumbled, "Agh, this is so boring. . ."

Beep.

I notification popped on my phone.

"Ayako? It's a message from her." I checked her message, it said 'I'm coming over."

"What!?" I exclaimed.

'You're not coming anywhere.' I texted back.

'Dang, so sad that I don't need your permission.'

I held my head and sighed. "What a pain. . ."

'Fine, let me make some preparations.'

'Wait, I am very choosy about food. I only eat snacks from MacDonalds.'

"That liar. . ." I grumbled, "Last time she told me she wasn't picky about food and she eats everything."

'Ok' I replied.

It was time for work. I quickly arranged my bedroom under 15 minutes.

After sometime, I took out my phone and called MacDonalds.

"She's gonna pay the money. . ." I mumbled.

"Hello? Who's there?" A strange female voice said.

"Is this MacDonalds?" I replied normally.

"Ah, yes sir! You called at the right time."

"Is that so?" I kept my cool.

"Ahem. We have a discount going on, flat 50 percent off!"

"Oh cool, so I'd like to order-"

"Wait, sir. We also have a special item today available only for a limited time."

"What is it?" I said, annoyed.

"It's extracted straight from the sea."

"Sea food?" I said.

"No, sir. It's really chocolaty in taste. It's sweet."

Why is she making it seem like I like sweets?

How does she even know?

"What else is there in that dish?"

"It's a special substance produced only by fish!"

"And is that, ammonia dissolved in water?"

". . ."

*line cuts*

(Riko's POV)

"Ah damn!" Jackie pounded the table, "We almost had him fooled."

"I don't think so," Ayako said with a finger on her lip, " I think he saw that coming miles away."

I slumped my shoulders and sank down on a chair.

"Now what? You going to his house?" Jackie asked Ayako.

She held her breath, a little ashamed, a little embarrassed.

"Let's call it a day, girls." The manager said.

"Yessir!" All of us exclaimed.

The manager winked at Ayako, she knew why we were here and still let us in.

"You're so kind." I told her.

"Anything for my regulars." She replied with a beam.

"Woah woah woah, time to head home kids." I heard a familiar voice.

"JAYDEN!?" Ayako cried. Even I was caught off guard.

He stood there, laughing.

Soon, I started laughing as well. What? Why will I not laugh when I get the chance to?

"Guess you really had each other fooled this time." Jackie said.

Ayako stood awkwardly, giving me nervous glances. Soon, she joined us as well.

(Ayako's POV)

"That was quite a day, wasn't it, Riko?"

"Mhm," She said. We were on the street, way to home. We were quite full with the burgers we had today. Oh, in fact I payed for all of them, including Jayden. Well, I don't really know why, but I felt guilty. Maybe that is why I paid for him.

"Omg, Ayako! That guy scammed us! We paid more than we had to!" Riko exclaimed.

I hurriedly ran my hands through my pocket, searching for the bill. I took out the slip and it said, 'April Fools' in Riko's handwriting. She giggled.

"Rikooooo!" I grumbled. Soon after reaching home, we both collapsed and fell asleep. It was a tiring day, after all.