Fake Love Pt. II

Jayden and I were lost in the moment, staring at each other.

A sudden movement broke the silence.

"Stand still." Jayden commanded. Well, he didn't say that to me, but the guy behind me.

I turned around and jumped back as soon as I saw who it was. It was that creepy guy from before, the one who attacked me.

"Ewwwwww," I said as soon as I saw him, "You still look as creepy as ever. What's your name anyway?"

"It's Kriley." He held out his extra creepy knife again, which gave me goosebumps.

How many times has he licked that darn knife?

"All right, I'm ready to fight you this time!" I stepped out, ready to attack. I used both of my arms as a shield and bent down my legs to sprint forward at him.

Out of the blue, an arm pulled me back.

"Stay out of this, Ayako. Trust me, it'll be alright." Jayden confronted me.

I was confused. How does Jayden know this guy? Little did I know. . .

"Levin, why are you keeping her out of this? It's because of you she got attacked, you know." Kriley said.

"What're you going on about, you creep. Don't blame Jayden for your cause." I said in his defence, but suddenly a question occurred to me.

"Did you just call him Levin? Who's that?"

I could feel the tension radiating off Jayden. His expressions told me everything.

"Were you. . . Hiding something, perhaps? Y-You can tell me y'know." I said, trying to calm him and myself down. Sweat drops started beading on my face.

"Hang on, Ayako. Let me just get done with this guy." He sounded flustered.

"Tch, he spilled the beans." I barely heard that sentence.

What? Did Jayden say that?

He stepped out into the battlefield, which was well. . . The school terrace.

The fight seemed pretty intense. It was a fair 1 on 1 combat, followed by Jayden throwing in some punches. Kriley however, chose to use his sorcery skills on him, which made the fight tough for Jayden. I felt a jolt inside me, wanting to help Jayden. This time I was well prepared to fight.

However, a part of me just wanted to sit back and observe. Something told me to watch Jayden closely.

5 minutes later, Jayden lay on the ground with scratches all over his body.

(Jayden's POV)

Damn it, I just can't continue this act out anymore. She'll find out soon enough. From the way she's staring at me, she's got the hint.

But why? I took all the hits to pretend I couldn't see his magic, all for nothing? How does she know? Or is she just acting?

"You've left me no choice now. . ." I said, trying to grab his attention.

"Yes, you'll have to tell her the truth now. It's now or never, atta boy." He said with amusement.

"Yes, I'm so sorry, Ayako. . .",I threw the stone I had hidden in my fist at Kriley, blinding him, "For what I'm about to do!"

I finished, while pushing Ayako from the terrace.

"Wh- AAAAAAAH!" She screeched. She landed on a shield I created using my sorcery.

"Ugh, annoying slave." I snapped at Kriley. "It's time to finish this fight, fair and square."

"Ah, come on Levin. Just come back to us, alright? And we'll forgive you."

"FORGIVE ME? FORGIVE ME FOR WHAT, YOU ASSHOLE!?" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Caught up in rage, I created a web using my powers and got him stuck.

I approached him, taking slow and steady steps. I traced my fingers along his chin.

"You should know your place, you coward. You're at my mercy." I poked my nail in his chin. He frowned but couldn't do anything about it.

"No, you're not getting it! The boss is going easy on you, one order from him and you're dead--" I knocked him out with a final punch before he could finish.

"Haha, it's over for you. . . You're dead meat now." I said to myself, knowing his corpse couldn't hear me.

"No, it's not all say over yet, Jayden." Ayako emerged behind me. She had heard everything, I assumed.

She was face to face with me. "I don't get it, Jayden. What is that you need to hide from me? You know you can always tell me everything, right? I'll never judge-" I put a finger on her lips to shut her up.

I let out a sigh. "Ayako, look. I know you're a kind girl but. . . It's not my fault. Agh, it's not my fault, alright? It wasn't my choice to use you. . . I-I never had a choice." I started tearing up.

Ayako just stared at me in shock. "What's wrong?" She said, holding my face up in her palms. "And what are you talking about, using me? Ah, no need to tense up so much. I won't be mad, tell me everything."

"Ayako," I placed both my arms on her shoulders, "Stop. . . Just stop being so kind. It's what got you into this mess. This world is a cruel place, so am I."

"I don't believe a word you say. I'm not kind to everybody, you know. It's just that. . . You're special." She blushed.

I lowered my head and spoke in a low, deep voice, "Haven't you realized it yet? I said I'm using you. You're a stubborn one."

"Says the guy who is stubborn enough to not give me answers. You're from the Dark Realm, aren't you?"

I remained silent.

She sighed, "Come on, it was too obvious. You didn't have to take all the hits. You could've told me before, I wouldn't have judged you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Stop lying, Levin."

". . . Now you too? I guess I'm too bad."

"The heck? I never said you were bad! Come on, just tell me."

"You won't have it, will you? But I'll tell you that. . . You were my only friend."

"I'm still your friend."

"You won't be after you hear this. It's not just about me being from the Dark Realm. . ."