Lights, Camera. . .

Everything was going rough. The boy I loved was actually an enemy, who was using us all along. What else could go wrong? Yeah, many things. Like a few hours ago, we had learnt the truth that Jayden was a threat to society. He had immense powers, one that could destroy a whole universe. His plans were to destroy all the realms.

No matter how tough he acted, he was breaking inside. Of course, he had a soft spot. He felt really miserable doing this. Though, there's no way we could negotiate this thing. According to Jayden, peace was never an option.

"What a waste of time, you all. Could've done better by just laying on the couch all day, watching anime. Why bother stopping me? It's no use. You're just wasting your time. . . Your lives." He glanced at me, pressuring the last line. I guess it implied for me.

"You're the stupid one here, Jayden. Wasting your time on something you'll regret in the future. What are you waiting for? I'm not giving up, if that's what you think. Not even after. . . All this." I wondered about Maiko. Why had she left us, after everything we've been through? 'Oh,' I wondered, 'Maybe that is the reason itself.'

2 minutes later, I was with Jayden, face to face. He said he wouldn't kill us if I talked one last time.

"Fine," I said, "Whatever you've got for me. Shoot."

Once we got some space, Jayden started speaking. I was so up close that I could feel his breath. He felt different from the last time we had talked, and that was on the terrace back at school.

His blonde hair was out of place, but the messy look still made him look cool. His eyes had a. . . Sharp distinction. He wasn't the same anymore. He gave me the crazy vibes of somebody who can't be changed. The psychopathic vibes, I call it.

He looked me straight in the eye when he asked, "What do you want from me?"

"Huh?" I replied, blankly. What was that supposed to mean?

"I think you know that I'm out of your league. It's useless to fight me. It's like a suicide mission."

"Yeah, now that I think about it, Myura always taught me to not give importance to somebody else more than you give yourself. That is exactly why I moved on, Levin. Now you're nothing but a villain, a villain that needs to be stopped." I hoped that me mentioning his real name would make him believe what I said.

Yes, it wasn't a lie anymore. Even if his past was in vain, he couldn't just. . . No, nobody can do this. Nobody has the right to destroy what's made. . . Atleast not Jayden.

He looked me in the eye again, this time with a forced smile on his face. "Relax, Ayako. You're being too serious. Why so stubborn?"

"Shut up!" I snapped at him, "Do you think your kindness can fool me? Just so you know it, I'm not stopping here. In fact, I'm here to stop you no matter what it takes."

He raised his eyebrow. "You sure? No matter what it takes?"

"Are you doubting me?" I scowled.

From a distance, I could see Jackie waving at me. "Hey, you guys done negotiating? Can we stop this drama?"

"Hm. . . No matter what it takes." I said one last time before heading back towards my friends.

"Even if you loose all your friends?"

I turned back in shock.

He held a sly grin.

"Jayden. . . You asshole!" I yelled in frustration. I tried to hit him with my corner, but he dodged it.

"So you're not listening, I guess you're about to make the biggest mistake of your life. Immediately, he rushed towards Riko, some weird energy emitting from his left hand.

"What's going on?" A panicking Myura demanded

"What's going on?" A panicking Myura demanded. In all the tension, it was difficult to focus. Jayden seemed to be heading towards Riko, that was for sure. It seemed like. . . Was he gonna hit her with that thing? That weird energy?

That is. . . It was too late till I realized.

"Riko! No, stop!" I cried, when Jayden hit her chest, and in the blink of an eye, she was gone.

Flashback-

"Hey, Ayako. What about this anime character? Do you like him?" Riko tried distracting me when I was on my period, annoyed and distracted. Well, I could get depressed easily. But then, it was only for a short period of time. In an hour or so, I'm okay. That's mostly because my friends never let me stay sad, or anxious. Especially Riko.

"Nah, Riko. For the hundredth time. This guy's a darned psychopath!" I frowned and the face of Light Yagami, an anime character.

"Say, Riko. . . One day I could end up like them, too. Like Jayden, Light and other people." I stated. I could feel the anxiety seeping in.

"Stop it, Aya chan! You're overthinking everything. You're not like them, you're positive. You're a genius."

I grew serious. "Geniuses are the ones who most likely, become villains. This is because they see too much reality."

Riko seemed to agree on this one, too. "Yeah," She said silently, "But don't you worry! We'll back you up, for good. You won't become one of those. . . Super crazy guys!"

Yes, I always hated villains. Especially the psychopathic ones who thought they were right. There was no saving them. I was afraid to become one of them. That would be my worst nightmare. But yes, I trusted my friends with this. They wouldn't let anything like that happen to me.

A few minutes later, my anxiety had almost vanished, and I was enjoying a cup of coffee with Riko. Rewatching Death Note, and shamelessly rooting for L.

Present Time

"No! You can't them away from me! Stop. . . Jayden! Don't you hear me!???" I yelled as Jayden was recharging his powers again. It was really dangerous, for me and my friends to be here with this psychopath. He was clearly loosing it.

With another boost, he hit Jackie up with his arm. Luckily, she formed a shield before he could attack.

According to me, Jayden's powers should've taken a lot more time to recharge. He was using his all, I guessed. He was passing his limits, which meant we could use this to his weakness.

"His stamina!" I yelled, 'It's drowning." Jackie nodded at me, springing into action.

She threw shurikens, infused with electricity at him from inside the shield. She was buying us time.

But of course, he dodged it. With full speed, he aimed at Maiko. Quickly, Jackie formed a shield at her. But suddenly, he changed his course and hit Jackie Myura instead. And again, she vanished.

"Nooo! Myura! Jackie, we need to get him down. I-It's about time you use it. . . We don't have much of a choice."

Jackie nodded, silently accepting my point, and thinking about her next move.

"Maiko," Jackie spoke to her, "I think you can protect yourself. I've got to look after Ayako and myself."