Jayden's Origins

"Where are we heading though?" Jackie questioned nervously as we were entering a strange lane. It was dark.

"Towards the truth." Myura's words spooked Jackie.

"Wh-What do you mean? 'Towards the truth'? Stop scaring me--" She fell silent as soon as Myura put a finger on her lips, a signal to stay on our guards.

Jackie felt even more nervous, unsure of the situation. But soon enough, she regained her confidence and tried to keep up.

"This way." Myura said, finally taking a stop. It was a dead end. All of were confused until. . .

"Wait, isn't this the place where we confronted Cyno?" Jackie remembered.

"You're right." Myura replied, her voice as low as a whisper, but it still sounded spooky.

Suddenly, the ground started shaking as Myura placed her palms on the center of the wall that stood in front of us.

"What!" I exclaimed, "I never thought this could be a portal."

"Even I didn't. It was just funny how Cyno chose this as a spot to attack us." Myura claimed.

"So it was a wild guess?" Riko pondered.

After sometime, all of us had entered the portal and we were now in a strange hallway.

"No

"No. . . Way." Myura said, "Is this the so called palace?" She seemed mesmerized.

"Well, I certainly don't care. Creepiness can only describe this--" Jackie began.

"Palace?" I cut her off. "Myura, is this what I think it is?"

Myura exhaled, "This is the Dark Realm's palace. It is famous for its mysterious powers and. . . experiments."

"Experiments?" I said, raising my eye brow.

"You don't mean. . ." Jackie's voice trailed off.

Drip.

"Eek, was that the sound of water or blood?" Riko said.

"Who knows? Myura said, warily, " We can't be sure what's going on this place. Oh and yes, I believe that the room up ahead of us is one of the rooms used to carry out research, or you can say experiments."

"I don't get it. Do they perform experiments on people?" Jackie asked.

"Yes. Just like Jayden." Riko replied causally, but Jackie's reaction was unbelievable.

"Whaaaaaaaat? Can somebody tell me what's going on?"

"We're just in the enemy country's palace, where weird experiments are carried on living human beings. That's all we know, I guess."

"I know that, Ayako. But how is that related to Jayden?"

None of us were willing to answer that question. Without a word, we moved forward. In front of us was a very strange gate which held the sign, 'Caution: Experiments ongoing'.