Confronting the Enemy

We were in front of Jayden's house. I let out my fingers to knock, but I hesitated. Was it really true that Jaydan was a runaway from the Dark Realm? Had he been tortured so badly that he had to escape from his own homeland?

"As Cyno told us, he believes that Jayden is too powerful. So powerful that he could destroy all the realms if he wanted to. Of course, he needed to train and get ahold of his powers, this is why he came to our realm, to practice." Myura warned us.

"Do you think he swore revenge?" I asked.

Myura nodded, " I suppose. Why else would he be here? He's definitely after you."

"But. . . Why me?" I wondered.

"Only he can answer that." And with that, she knocked on the door.

Creak.

The door opened partially, revealing half of Jayden's face. He was definitely caught off guard. He didn't expect to see us at all.

"Um, come in." He unwillingly let us inside.

"Hey, Jayden." Jackie winked. Jayden gave her a horrified look. I wondered what happened between them.

Did Jackie. . .

No, she would've told me if she made a move on him.

"Uh, here." He took us to his room, "Now what are you girls here for?" He said, raising his eyebrows and eyeing me suspiciously.

"Don't even ask." I grumbled underneath my breathe.

"Ah, So how's everything, Jayden?" Myura asked him. Except Riko and me, Jayden knew Myura quite well. I think he respects her and may take her as a tough opponent.

"Everything's good." He smiled, "What about you guys?"

"Mhm. We're totally fine. In fact, we're here to talk about. . . Something." Myura proceeded.

Here it comes.

"Oh, is something the matter?" Jayden replied, "Don't tell me you guys are here to steal my jacket again." He said sarcastically, but we weren't about to buy that joke.

"Speaking of the jacket, Jayden. . ." I started but glanced one last time at my friends as in warning, "When you returned it to me, it seemed kinda. . . You know, off."

He just stared at me blankly, waiting for me to continue. After a few seconds, he said, "What's off?"

"IT'S YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S OFF!" I yelled aggressively as I lost control of myself and practically lunged myself onto him.

It was only the shoulders of Maiko that held me back, her eyes filled with sorrow and shame.

"I. . . I don't know how many girls you've played before." I slowly said.

After some research, we had found that some of the 'popular girls' in our grade had been used by him as well, though I didn't get the logic. Was he just a playboy? How is having many girlfriends gonna help him with his mission?

Each time he made a girl fall for him, and after a couple months he'd switch over. There was one thing common though, in all of his targets. They had had interaction with him in the past. They were either old classmates, or a busmate. Which meant that whenever he saw the chance, he didn't miss it, even if it had it's risks.

Weird, I know. We still couldn't get it after much research. I was really shy to ask those girls about his behavior towards them and how it all played out. . . No worries though, Myura and Riko managed to pull that off. The girls just claimed him to be too good, too perfect. They also said he was really funny and cute.

I found it really strange. Jayden? Funny? It just didn't make sense. Either their humor was broken or I was going crazy.

"Really?" He replied to my previous question, excitement rising in his voice, "Do you think that I am a kid that'll play with barbies?"

Okay so maybe he was trying to be funny, but he failed miserably in my eyes.

"This isn't funny, Jayden. Or should I say. . . Mr. Anderson?" I saw a hint of recognition in his eyes. But I'm sure he's not admitting it any soon. So, I provoked him further.

"Do you mind if I call you Levin? Or should I just go with Mr. Anderson?"

"Stop it, Ayako. Stop giving me stupid nicknames."

"What? You're calling your name stupid!?" I mockingly scoffed, "You're such an idiot."

"I know I'm an idiot." He said in attempts to change the subject. Suddenly, the wall split open.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING JAYDEN???? I know we figured out your secrets--BUT WHY'RE YOU DESTROYING YOUR OWN HOUSE!??" Jackie yelled.

Jayden bent down and squinted eyes, ready to defend. His body faced towards the wall.

Strange. Why is he trying to defend himself from the wall? Unless. . . The culprit is somebody else.

Before his house could crumble further, the wall sealed back into its original state.

"So. . . You're Levin?" A familiar looking figure stood out, pointing towards Jayden. He had blue hair and a hoodie on to cover himself.

"What's

"What's. . . Going on." Jayden, or should I say Levin turned towards me, glaring at me threateningly.

"You think I did that?" I shrugged at him. He returned his gaze away from me to the stranger.

"Wait, isn't that guy. . ." Jackie's voice trailed off. Maybe she couldn't complete the sentence or maybe I just couldn't hear it. Because the next moment my head felt heavy and I passed out.