Mysteries and Hidden Secrets

I darted towards the kitchen as soon as I heard a loud bang. Turns out that it was a metal box which had fallen.

"Ayako. . .move aside." He slided me into a corner and stood in front of me. I didn't understand a thing, but I still stood silent because it was the wisest choice. He stood still too, for a moment. It seemed to me as if we were under attack, and that he was guarding me with his body.

I knew from his body language that he wanted me to remain calm and careful, but he didn't say anything. Maybe he knew, too that he could trust me. I definitely wanted to know more, but I was already stressed. I didn't want to add to his burden, so I told myself to follow his orders blindly. A sudden noise from the top shelf alerted us.

"Now!" He exclaimed, pinning me down to the ground with himself.

"Uhh, Jayden could I

"Uhh, Jayden could I. . ." His crystal green eyes met mine. I was lost for a moment and I forgot what I was asking him, "Can. . . I. . ."

"Ayako, you're not okay. Listen to me, understand me." He softly whispered in a calming voice, "Just do as I say, okay?" And at that, I snapped back to reality.

Wh-What!? Did I just get hypnotized or something!?

"Ahem," I cleared my throat, "I'm okay. Just tell me what to do?" I glazed confidently. His worried eyes lit up. The weird noise caught our attention again, but this time Jayden didn't react. Or if he did, I have no idea about it because he cover my eyes with his palm.

"Wha-What are you doing!?" I questioned. But there was no reply. Though, I wouldn't say that there was silence because I could here the clinking and clanking of the metal box. It was like something was hitting it. But, I wondered, If Jayden is covering my eyes with his palm, then how is he touching the box? I came to a conclusion that he might be using weapons.

Or is it? What if he's channeling. . . Elemental power!?

There was another sound and I pushed Jayden away from me. "What are you doing, Ayako!?" He practically yelled at me.

"Tell me what's going on, you fool!" I shouted back. He glared at me for a while. "Agh, I don't care what you're thinking or planning, I'm gonna save myself." I told Jayden and ignored his glare. I focused on the metal box and I found what I was looking for.

Elemental traces. . .

"Jayden," I mumbled without looking at him, "I'll talk to you later. You're done. . . For sure." I threatened him. I leaped out, ready to face any threats surrounding the box.

"Ayako, you're not fit for this."

"Trust me, I am, Jayden!"

I felt an arm holding me, "Don't do anything reckless."

I held my anger in and said, "Please. . . Tell me what you're hiding."