Rivals For Life

"All right," I cleared my throat. We were in the middle of a fight, and Maiko suddenly had a break down. I calmed her down, and now it was time for a 3 against 1. I didn't seem to mind, there was no need to let my pride get into this matter.

"It's time to flex our powers and fight!"

My declaration led to a a lot of thwaks and thuds. It was finally the moment of revenge, to take it all out. He had played me, manipulated my heart. I tried saving him, but he wasn't ready to listen. Looks like the 'Once a villain, always a villain' situation here.

I quickly unleashed my 5 star anemo sword, releasing wind currents into his direction. He was busy dodging Jackie's shurikens coming from the opposite direction, so he didn't see that coming.

In confusion,with one swoop of the wind, he fell down to the ground. Maiko did a good job defending us from his attacks. Her shield stood unharmed.

When the shield was surrounding Jackie, I noticed something strange--The shield was made of electricity

When the shield was surrounding Jackie, I noticed something strange--The shield was made of electricity. Was she an element user as well?

"Hey? What's up? I thought you had some more in you." I stepped up to Jayden, a sense of pride in my voice.

He lay still, not a single movement to be detected. It was shocking. In the end, he had died to my wind current, which was, well unexpected. But seriously, it took a lot to defeat him. I was tired. I was exhausted as hell. Maybe, for now, this was my limit.

I let out a yawn, leaning in closer to his corpse, making sure he was actually dead. I was about to grab his hand to check his pulse, when Jackie pulled me away.

I gave her a confused expression.

"What?" She scolded, "Are you crazy? You were just gonna touch him!"

"Yeah, what's up with that?" I replied hastily. "I-It's not like I want to touch him, you know." I blushed slightly.

Jackie facepalmed. "Ugh. . . That's not what I meant. It's Riko's job to tease you like that. You would've disappeared like the other if you touched him."

I gasped in realization. The mention of Riko made me, kind of nostalgic.

"I think he's pretty much dead," Jackie stated. "I mean, it does sound silly but when you used your wind current, he was pushed away in my direction, so all the shurikens I threw striked his body. But still, lemme check it for ya."

She stuck out her kunai, and slightly cut his arm. It bled a little, but there was no reaction from him. Surely, he was dead. We could finally move out in peace. But what about Myura and Riko?

"Hey, shouldn't Myura and Riko come back now that we've killed him? The spell should undo itself, isn't that right?" I asked them.

"Yeah." Jackie replied as she tossed her kunai back in her pocket, "He's dead. But I think it's gonna take some time. Look, his body is releasing some dark substance." I took a quick glance and I was disgusted.