Classroom Vibes

"Come on, Ayako. We all know your heart's hidden desire. Well it's not hidden anymore." My friend Miyaka smirked.

"Oh come on. I told you guys I just want a few football tips from him." I retorted.

"Well then? Why don't you ask him," She said and turned to her right, "JAYDEN!!"

She waved her hands, "Ayako has a question right here."

"Why must you make this so awkward," I mumbled, knowing she won't be able to hear my anyway.

Pulling my loose strand behind my ears, I raised eyes and said, "I just wanted to talk about football. . . Say we talk in evening after returning home?"

He nodded at that and I turned away.

"Gosh, you guys. . ." I sighed.

All of my friends erupted laughing

But the laughter was short lived. Our science teacher had entered the class, followed by a series of moans.

"Grr... Him again?" I heard one of my friends grumble.

I swiftly changed desks. I had made an excuse that I wanted to sit in front of Jayden, but in reality that wasn't the only reason.

"Ingrid, Bess, Bella!" The teacher pointed at some girls sitting on the far right end.

"And all the other girls stand up." He ended.

As soon as I tried standing, he continued, "Except you both." He pointed at me and Miyaka. Somehow, she was one of those girls whom I liked staying with.

Riko silently gazed at me from the right. She was sitting near Ingrid and the other girls.

Ingrid was the blonde girl who tried proposing Jayden the other day. Riko was trying to get along with her. I don't really know why, she just wouldn't tell me. Well, it's pretty obvious that she's gonna persuade her to stay away from Jayden.

I exhaled, then took out my science textbook. The teacher went on scolding the other girls for gossiping around. It was only me and Miyaka who were safe. This was why I avoided the other girls.

Pulling my attention back, I whispered to Miyaka, "Let's do something interesting."

Then I opened a page of my textbook, and pointed to a sentence which was highlighted in yellow.

"Fishes excrete in the form of ammonia, in gaseous form, directly into the water." I read.

She giggled.

"And you think that was funny? Now wait and watch." I said, turning behind.