Wrapping Things Up

Present time-

(Riko's POV)

By now, Ayako had almost dictated the whole incident, and I recalled it all really quickly.

She stood beside me, silently peering at the huge, blood-stained wall.

"Are you alright?" I whispered to her.

"Oh, I'm just fine. I was just wondering. . . My suspicions about him were correct, he turned out be a psychopath. And there's still a lot more I need to know about him, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. I know I always teased her about it, but I have to admit, I agree with her on this. There have been way too many major incidents to prove her theory about him being not-so ordinary.

"Ahh, remember how much you cried that day, Riko?"

"Wha-, um-" She caught me off guard.

"Hehe," She went on teasing, "You are such a crybaby, Riko chan."

I didn't mind her bullying me, because I know she really didn't mean it

Then, after a long pause, her expression changed.

"That's what Jayden would say. He doesn't value emotions."

"Ayako! Just why? Why the hell did you bring him in our conversation!?"

She is so obsessed with him now. . .

It's just all because of-

"Riko, it's time you answered my questions." She bore a cold expression.

Oh no, it's coming!

"Why were you crying this time?"

"Ummmmmmmm,"

"Say it. Don't be afraid. If you're afraid of me, then you are not capable of-"

"It's just my fault. I won't cry anymore. I know it's my mistake."

"What mistake are you talking about?"

How do I tell her?

She doesn't realize it herself. . .

"Riko, you very well know that I hate idiots who apologize for no reason. Do you wanna be one of them?"

Do I need to get bold now?

I need to keep up with her undaunted personality.

"It's time I asked you some questions, Ayako. What were you doing in the field sometime ago?"