Revealed Secrets

Meanwhile. . .

(Ayako's POV)

"I can't believe this is true. It's all too much for me to swallow." I said miserably. I felt Myura patting my shoulder.

"It's alright now," She said in a calming way, "We expected this anyway, but tell me, you knew something which you didn't tell us yet."

"Umm, yes there are a few things actually. First," I took a deep breathe in and exhaled loudly, "I'll explain how I knew he was from the Dark Realm. The day that guy attacked me, Jayden used his powers to heal me."

"Did he show it to you?" She questioned.

"Nope, it's just that. . . Either he was using Dark Realm's magic or he was using some counter spell. It was like he was fit for it, like he's done it several times before." I ended.

"So, you concluded that he might belong to the Dark Realm just because he countered the a curse belonging from the same realm? Y'know there are many other ways to counter it, even if you're not from the same realm."

"I know that, Myura. Don't you think it's strange how we saw he was carrying a 'Death Note'? If it was a real one, it would be too reckless of him to bring it out in the open, unless he was in a hurry and needed to use it urgently." I explained, "On the other hand, if we place the theory that it was a fake, then there's no way he would leave it out in the open like that. Anybody would get suspicious, especially sorcerers like me. And he knows I'm one."

"Interesting." Myura muttered.

"There's more." I stated.

"Yeah. . ." Maiko said sarcastically, a bit too loud.

"Umm, so lemme make it short because I know it's hard for all of us to digest so much information. Let's head home and discuss, aight?"

"Aight." Everybody said in chorus.

2 minutes later we were sitting on a dark coloured couch, sipping on Cold Drinks to cool us down.

Finally, Jackie lowered her cup and said, "When Ayako woke up, she felt that same energy she felt the day that guy attacked her."

"Wait wait wait." Riko piped in, "Which energy? The one which the guy attacked you with or the one Jayden used to heal you?"

"The first one." I clarified.

"Huuuh? Then how did you know it was Jayden?"

"Because, luckily. . ." Ayako revealed her arm which was sketched by a shade of blue. On her arm, some words were written. It read 'the jacket'.

"Just when I woke up, I saw this scrawled on my arms. I immediately understood this signal. I reached out to the jacket and magic! I felt the energy from the jacket as well."

"Oooh, now I understand!" Riko exclaimed. "So you felt the same energy from the jacket, which you think Jayden had exchanged, and you felt that same energy the day that guy attacked you and you felt that same energy when you woke up!"

"And we know that only Jayden could've possibly tampered with the jacket, so I knew it was him all along. And you know what? As soon I figured all of this out, ky memories returned!"

"This is amazing." Maiko said, fascinated. "And you remembered everything that Jayden vanished from your brain."

"Eh, not exactly everything. Though I remember small details. And yeah, I remember myself scrawling that in my arms."

"Great work, Ayako. I knew you would solve this someday." Myura reached out to me and gave me a tight hug.

"Aww," I muttered as all of us joined in for a group hug.

"Now, now. Lemme get this straight. Do you finally remember why you made him your rival?" Jackie asked hopefully.

"Not yet. I just remember Jayden walking up to me and telling me I was his test subject or something. So I thought this guy is a jerk, why not show him what I am? So basically I just made him my. . . Something wrong, guys?" Everyone's jaw dropped.

"You remember it!" Jackie hooted.

"Oh, right! After that incident when Jaydem healed me, I returned back to my class. I remember it was our first day of the session."

"Yep." Riko nodded.

"Then I found out that Jayden was in my class! Remember how much we enjoyed together? We were great friends until one day. . . Out of the blue he started acting strange and. . ."

"Relax, Ayako. Take it easy." Jackie coaxed.

"Anyway, I took an oath to be his rival, and stop him, no matter what. I remember that very well."

Jackie nodded, "I'm sure we will. Together, nobody can stop us."

Maiko cleared her throat. Clearly, she wa still upset about the fight with Jackie.

"Oh by the way, Riko did you tell Jackie?" I asked.

"No, I was about to." She replied. The air suddenly grew tense. Nobody wanted to tell her.

"Tell me what?" Jackie was perplexed.

"Um, the information Riko coaxed out of Cyno." I said uncertainly.

"Then tell me. What's up with this weird mood, everybody? I'm ready to face anything, you name it."

"If you're that confident, then hear me out." Myura continued, "Jayden is a test subject by the Dark Realm."

"WHAT?" Jackie yelled so loudly even the Gods of all realms would've heard it.

"Excuse me, but, our guy Jayden, the same guy who called Ayako a test subject is the target here?" Jackie said, laughing hard. She couldn't believe it.

"He was the target. Now he's targeting the whole world. We're all in danger." Myura proclaimed.

Jackie just shook her head, "I don't get it."

I sighed, "It'll be easier if we just show you."