Bad day

Y/n's girlfriend comes home after a bad day at work

Warnings: None
Words: 467

Y/n's pov:

My phone buzzes on the beside table, i peer over at the notification

Jen
i'll be home soon, love you <3 20:01pm

I smile at the text and lay in our room, scrolling aimlessly on my phone until i hear the opening and closing of our front door. Quickly i move to sit up, proping myself up on my elbows waiting for my girlfriend.

I frown at the sight before me, jenna stands in the doorway, her eyes red and her face tear stained. Without speaking, i hold out my arms as an invitation and she crawls into my embrace "oh, Jen"

Rubbing her thighs soothes her, so that's what i do, i hear her sniffle out "i'm sorry" furrowing my eyebrows, i look down at her "don't be silly, would you like to tell me what happened?"

Silence takes over for a few moments before my girlfriend sighs and begins to rant, stuttering out her words "i'm so fucking tired, all day things have been going wrong. First, me and Emma got into an argument... then, I couldn't get my lines right no matter how many times i tried, and then this guy came into my trailer, apparently he was a huge fan, i still have no idea how he got through security, but he was being so weird"

She finishes, sobbing into my chest, I keep my movements on her thighs until she calms down

"when was the last time you ate?" i know she doesn't eat when she's this level of stressed. I know that it had been a while ago, when she paused for a few moments before shrugging her shoulders lightly.

I nod, "c'mere" before grasping her hand, leading her into the kitchen "sit" i tap the counter. She hoists herself up and I stand in-between her legs, cupping her face

"i'm sorry you've had a bad day, however you need to eat..." i kiss her "what would you like?" i trace patterns on her thighs as she thinks "pasta?" i faintly smile before mouthing "okay"

For a while, i move around the kitchen, making my girlfriend her food. Eventually it's finished and i hand her the plate, she smiles "thank you, my love"

"that's okay" she jumps off of the counter and heads back into our room. She sits leant up against the headboard of our bed and pats the space next to her. I sit down, the show i had been watching before jenna came home is still playing, it's jen's favourite. As she watches she places her head on my shoulder and eats. I kiss the top of her head, "i love you"

She mumbles "i love you too"