Chapter 23: And I Must

"Where have you been?" Enid shrieked the second Wednesday entered her dorm through the window. "I'm literally having a heart attack right now." Wednesday took in the distressed wolf girl before quickly taking in the room. She noticed Harry was asleep on his bed, even if the tear stains on his pale face brought her a sense of anger.

"Yoko's in the infirmary!" Enid cried out loudly. Wednesday was simply glad that her noise had not woken up Harry. Clearly he felt hurt, and sleep was bliss that would chase such feelings away. The events would be later addressed.

"What happened?" Wednesday asked the blonde her voice steady. It was common knowledge that she would not allow something as wasteful as emotion to affect her behavior.

"Garlic bread incident at dinner," Enid answered quickly as she paced infront of Wednesday anxiously. "She had a major allergic reaction. She's out of the Poe Cup." Distress radiated off the girl thick as quick as a tidal wave. Even in his sleep Harry could feel it if the whimper that left his lips meant anything.

The girl oy got more hysterical, "I don't have a copilot." The noise became to much. Harry's beautiful eyes opened blinking owlishly at the commotion. Wednesday noticed but decided to go on with her thoughts. After all Harry would not disappear, unless she decided she wanted him to.

"It wasn't an accident," Wednesday informed, Harry's face displayed his confusion. "Bianca's behind it."

"How do you know?" Enid questioned as Wednesday gave her a look. Harry was curious as well and sloy sat up in his bed.

"Doesn't matter," was uttered from Wednesday's mouth quickly. "You and I are going to take her down tomorrow."

"I want to help!" Harry said in a loud, excited whisper. Even if he was not quite sure what was going on, he wanted to participate. It helped that he was a bit upset with Bianca due to her most likely being the reason Xavier practically pushed him away.

"Wait," Enid seemed shocked as her years halted for a moment. "You two are joining the Black Cats? You're wli g to do that? For me?". The second question was more directed towards Wednesday. After all the girl was cold and not the most group activity oriented.

"I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns her throat," Wednesday spoke cold and dark. Harry could not surprised the giggle that rose in his throat.

"Yeah, but mostly you're doing it cause we're friends, right?" Enid pried desperation filling her eyes. It pulled at the strings of Harry's heart. Maybe he was to in tuned with his emotions, would Wednesday find that disgusting?

Wednesday just doun so her face was no longer facing Enid's. Her eyes stared unblinking. Harry looked over curiously, eyebrows furrowed.

"How does she keep winning?" Harry questions taking the words right out of Wednesday's mouth. Wednesday kept staring ahead waiting for an answer. Her mind twisting and turning with thoughts and theories. She would find the best way to win.

"It's a real brain cramp," Enid began explaining. "The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking."

"Sounds like sabotage," Wednesday but in as her brain comprehended the words. Harry tilted his head to the side. He was not sure if it was exhaustion that caused it, but he was so confused.

"I thought there were no rules?" Harry's voice whispered more to himself. The others in the room, however, heard his delicate words. Wednesday wanted to capture his voice and keep it in a box for her ears only.

"She's a siren," Enid began to express with frustration, "which makes her master of the water." Wednesday turned back so that her vision could clearly see Harry and Enid.

"Then we just need to beat her at her own game."

XxX

Revenge was best served on ice. Wednesday had stayed up with Thing perfecting their canoe. Harry had been exhausted, but would come check in the pair every once in awhile. Their work was fascinating, but Harry had simply been to tired, and a little bit sad.

Dawn had come and Harry ignored the anxious sadness that ate at him. Not knowing if Xavier liked him or not felt torturous. Harry hoped that he would be able to have a discussion with the boy at some point. At the same time he tried to keep his mind off of it all. After all they had a cup to win and a siren to demolish.

Wednesday and Enid were ready in costumes by the time Harry arrived. Wednesday looked murderous even dressed as a kitty cat. Harry could not stop the giggle from rising up in his throat when he saw his friend.

"I have one for you too!" Enid exclaimed pushing Harry towards the tent. Everyone was in a rush so he compliantly entered the rent doing as he was told. Hanging up was a costume that actually looked like it was Harry's size, much to Harry's shock. He knew he was small, after all he spent years shopping for himself and it was ways stressful. Even if he adored the activity, more often then not nothing fit him.

As fast as he could he got the outfit on. The thing seemed to be made of latex and hugged every curve of Harry's tiny body. The ears he had been given were much different than Wednesday's, who reminded Harry of a bat. The black ears were fluffy and nicely blended into the strands of Harry's hair. One would need to lack sight to be unaware of how adorable he looked in the outfit.

He found an eyeliner and drew on some whiskers. Everything about it was adorable. When he stepped from the tent the eyes of many looked up on his body. Aloft them wishing to hold the delicate curves of his being. A fact that angered Wednesday to a large degree.

XxX

I present chapter 23 to celebrate that it is now 2023!

Please comment and let me know your thoughts and wonderful opinions!

Rember whoever comments the most by the end of this story can make any request they want as long as Harry Potter is involved!

I am also looking for some good Oneshot ideas!