Chapter 32: Really Insane

"Welcome, Welcome, Nevermore Academy," the mayor announced as Harry rushed to the seat beside Wednesday. Not that he knew but as soon as she saw Harry a flood of relief fell upon her. When she has finished pissing Xavier off she had noticed the tiny boy was gone. Keeping her face cold she looked for him, but did not gind him. Knowing he was safe gave her a moment within her thoughts to berate herself. How could she have not noticed when her friend left. Once again she let down her sweet precious.

"Now," the mayor continued, "on behalf of the entire Jericho community, we are so so pleased to have you all here today. Your generosity and hard work are truly ... outreachous!" The mayor chuckled as his words ended. Harry bit at his lip. A sense of nervousness was very present within him and he was not sure why. Wednesday only acknowledgement toward him was a brief moment of eye contact.

Weems stepped up and spoke as well, "Okay, everyone. We'll see you back here at one o'clock for lunch. Enjoy!"

Wednesday stood up from her seat. Instantly she grabbed Harry's small wrist and pulled him along with her. As mad at herself as she was at allowing Harry to wander, she had things to do. After all she needed to know more about Crackstone.

Harry went along. Wednesday walked quickly and Harry tried to keep up with his small legs. A moment where he cursed his short stature. Although he was glad Wednesday seemed to care at least a little.

"Enid!" Wednesday called after the blond before demanding, "switch volunteer assignments." Harry was confused on why Wednesday would want to be around pilgrim world.

"What? No," Enid said with a tone of outrage and look of disgust. "Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag." Harry wondered what this place was, but was curious.

"It's an emergency," Wednesday spoke, her grin tightening around Harry's wrist. "I need to check out Pilgrim World."

"That doesn't seem like a fair trade," Harry whispered wanting to participate.

"Yeah, Wednesday," Enid whined looking upset. "Why would I want to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola?" Harry wondered the same thing. He felt lucky that he had been given the Weathervane. Spending time at a friendly coffee shop did not seem like a horrible day.

"Because Ajax is volunteering there," Wednesday informed. "Thing sneaked a peek at his assignment. But if you're not interested--" Wednesday turned away as she spoke the final words. Harry doing so as well due to the firm grip on his wrist. He was lost at this point but he seemed to be lost a lot these days.

"No!" Enid said turning Wednesday around, forcefully twisting Harry's wrist painfully, but Harry did not make a sound. "Oh my god, thank you. You're the best!"

Enid ran off leaving Wednesday and Harry alone together. She faced him not letting go of his wrist which now hurt really bad. His childhood taught him not to complain about pain in front of the person who hurt him. An accident or purposeful.

"Do not leave the Weathervane," Wednesday said letting go of him and matching off. She walked towards her destination leaving Harry alone. The small boy felt lost, but decided to follow the instructions and began by walking towards the cafe. He was slowly beginning to realize how long this day would be.

Wednesday went into pilgrim world. It was busy and she did not understand how so many could find enjoyment from something so plebeian. She listened to the empty words of an employee and spoke lightly with Eugene. They also talked about a restroom for some reason. Wednesday attempted to work at the meeting house, and questioned what was inside. It seemed like the best place to gather information.

To the disgust of Wednesday they were working at a fudge shop. Something Eugene was quite excited about. Each worker was given a uniform and forced to sell fudge.

Wednesday of course gave some tourists a history lesson. Speaking in german due to the specific group being from Germany. A skill that would not surprise anyone close to the girl. It scared away many of the buyers convincing them not to buy such a thing.

Eugene ate many of the fudge slices he had been told to hand out. When some bullies came to bother him he vomited on the three boys. This would have caused Harry to giggle if he had been present. When said bullies tried to put him in the Stocks Wednesday saved him. Proving the trio to be fools once again. Then that cleaned up Eugene.

Of course they had to discover information. They broke into the meeting house and looked for information. They looked around and Wednesday saw a book that looked to be important. Thing assisting in the search. When she found a book that could be of use she opened it only to find it blank. Along with that she saw a painting with a girl from her vision holding said book. Of course not long after this discovery she was caught by the worker. Giving her information that the book had been stolen.

While this occured Enid and Ajax held their own adventure, sort of. Dealing with dead animal turned into figured. Including a rat and squirrel being married. Ajax also confined in Enid that Xavier was competitive, and he thought her scratching the canoe during the Poe Cup was pretty cool. Passively saying that Xavier had a darker side few knew about. Bringing up the other boy's famous dad and the pressure it could cause.

Enid tried to drop hints the entire time expressing her interest for Ajax. Although it took a long time for him to catch on. Even then he was not very clear. However a date was soon arranged.

All good and well, but what happened to Harry during such a time. Left alone without Wednesday in public. How was it going at the Weathervane?

XxX

I'm sorry for no update yesterday. I ended up getting sick and vomited in my Deutsche class.it really sucked cause I had to leave school when I needed help from my geometry teacher and I feel terrible. However I present a new chapter to you!

Please comment, I need to get a lot of writing done so I can post while on a trip I'm going on in a few days! I would love some comments to help motivate me!