Chapter 35: When My Heart

Fluttering filled Harry's chest as he walked through the woods clung to Wednesday's arm. A pretty smile decorated his face, it truly was a wonderful feeling. It was comforting and oh so exciting. The feeling was so what unexplainable. Ahead of the stood an imposing structure. Dark and broken. Harry would not be surprised if it collapsed right in front of them. Harry loved it!

"It's fascinating," Harry whispered with pure fascination. Nothing corrupted the curiosity as he looked around. All the while Wednesday led him into the structure. Setting down her bag on the ground, allowing Thing to crawl out.

"I was expecting more," Wednesday told the tiny boy, not surprising him at all. He gave her a little smile and let go of her arm. It was an interesting location in his pretty green eyes.

A fireplace still stood, made of red brick, he liked brick. In his fantasies of the future he imagined himself in a brick home. Not a cute little one, but rather one that was dark and imposing. One with a history burned into it's walls whether it was sin or innocence. Other old things sat laying around, Harry was captivated.

"What are you doing here, little girls?" A gruff voice asked causing Harry to turn. He came face to face with a whit haired man. Was this what a squatter was? A little shriek left his lips and sent home tumbling into Wednesday's arms as she turned.

Wednesday felt no fear and simply spoke, "Use little and girl to address me again and I can't guarantee your safety. And while Harry is little, he is a boy." A blush coated Harry's pale cheeks as his eyes held a hint of fear.

"This is my place. Get out!" The beastly man gruffed out. Fear seemed to diminish from Harry a little. If Wednesday saw him as truly dangerous, the man would be on his bum on tears. He really had no reason to feel the unfun type of fear.

"Thing, a hand here?" Wednesday said placing her hands on Harry's hips. Harry watched as the appendage crawled across the ground and up the man's body. The motions were quick. Harry giggled madly as the digest of Things wrapped around the man's neck. Squeezing the fleshy cylinder tightly.

Harry could feel the fear in the man. Thing clung as white beard tried to peel the appendage off of him. Thing held tight, Harry giggled loud. The sound pleasant. Thing was eventually jumping from the man as he ran away in terror. If that was a squatter Harry definitely thought they were fun little creatures.

Wednesday released Harry and surveyed the ruin. Harry was not sure what they were looking for, but attempted to help. What could be found in such an old place. A place of interest for Harry's pretty little head.

"There's nothing here," Wednesday told Harry and Thing. It had been that moment when the appendage rushed in. Hidden frustration was present in Wednesday, but it was hidden for a reason. Stressing Harry would do no good.

Harry watched as Thing tapped at the ground. He had not cracked the code of his movements completely, but picked up something. It seemed to involve a vision, or maybe touching something.

"No, I can't just touch something," Wednesday told the hand confirming the signals Harry picked up. "My visions seem to happen spontaneously."

Thing twiddled his fingers again. Harry once again gained some clues. Was it about help and possibly Wednesday's mother? That would make some sense.

Wednesday response helped, "I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my mother for help." Thing signaled again. "Oh, you want me to prove it?"

Harry watched with great interest. He had never seen Wednesday experience a vision, he knew little about them. He wanted to know more though, want to be knowledgeable in his friends struggles.

"No," Harry watched as Wednesday slapped a beam.

"Nothing," she placed both hands on the fireplace. Harry raised a well shaped eyebrow.

"Ah, I bet this one will give us some real insight," Wednesday snarked as she picked up a Taco Bell bag. She tipped her head back and rolled her eyes. Harry giggled a little as she gave thing a bored look.

"My visions are about as predictable as a shark attack," the girl picked up her bag. Harry followed quickly reaching for her arm. As he did this Wednesday touched the door to move it from her path. Harry screeched as her head tipped back and she fell to the ground.

Sights of fire and violence died Wednesday's head. The name of Goody Addams ringing in her ears. The burning of those viewed as demons filmed her sight. She watched as Goody pleaded with her mother, watched as she escaped. Oy to find herself being warned. A vision right from a child's greatest nightmare.

Rain fell as she was stuck in the sight. Harry fretted not sure what was happening. His hair soaking and clothes clinging. What should he do? Does his friend need help? Why did he feel so useless?

It was odd how fast and sudden Wednesday was up. Wet from rain covered in mud, unlike when her eyes closed.

"Thing, I saw her!" A desperation Harry was unfamiliar with in her voice. He felt as if he was missing information. Was Wednesday keeping more secrets from him than he had thought?

"The girl from my visions," Harry wondered if Wednesday remembered he was there. "Her name is Goody Addams, and I believe she's my ancestor for 400 years ago."

Before Harry could question about the conversation, a sound came from afar. It was faint for the moment. Wednesday stood eyes wide Harry bit his lips and followed after her. She looked between the boards. Saw nothing, looked back to Harry and Thing.

"Must've been the bearded man from earlier," Wednesday said as she looked back. Harry rushed over to see as well.

Suddenly a new sight was in the way. An eye from a nightmare. Harry cried out in terror, as Wednesday gasped taking a step back. Anxiety ran high, would they survive?

XxX

Another new chapter! I hope you liked it!

Please comment each one makes me really happy!

I'm not sure anyone cares, but I am extremely cold. I live in a colder area and am freezing. Despite my blankets I am line an ice cube. I'm not sure how I have survived these winters in the past, cause I'm frozen!