Chapter 28: And Ended Up

Tension was in the room, like a taunt rope leading between for people. Harry felt so content, and was happy to just cuddle up with Kent. The tension never phasing him. Of course many were not participating in the tension, some not even realizing it existed. Wednesday, though, was set on retrieving information.

"Last I heard," Wednesday spoke, easing a slight portion of the tension, "the Nightshades had been disbanded."

"Yeah," Xavier began explaining, all while side eyeing Harry, "the group kind of lost its charter when thirty years ago after some normie kid died."

Yoko took over the conversation then, "But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves."

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday questioned with curiosity. It seemed then Harry decided to hum a little. The sound was quiet, but he was always quiet. Kent smiled down at the boy, finding him so pretty and so adorable. The others in the room ignored such things, except for a few who hid their feelings.

"We booted that loser last semester," Bianca explained, resisting a temptation. "Question is, what are we gonna do with them? Only members are allowed in this library."

Silence reigned upon the group. Well, except for little Harry and his soft little hums. It lasted a short time.

"Then Xavier spoke, "I say we invite them to pledge." Xavier expressed garnering a reaction from the people in the room. This was due to a few reasons. Of course some felt the clubs exclusivity should be honored. Other's had their minds on Harry. Concerned for the environment that he would be exposed to. Even if some of them would gladly go skinny-dipping with him.

"Wednesday had a legacy," Xavier pointed out, although nothing of the sort could be said for Harry. He was a first generation outcast. No one in his family other than his parents even knew he had been sent to a place like Nevermore.

"After the crap they pulled in the Poe Cup," Bianca snapped, trying to redirect her mind, "there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves? Wednesday alone is a tsunami. Who knows what Harry would do."

Just because I beat you at your own game?" Wednesday mockingly asked with her tone steady. "Let me save you the trouble. I'm not interested in joining, and I will not allow Harry to." This seemed to shock the members a little, and Harry let out a little giggle.

"You're seriously turning us down?" Yoko questioned looking at Wednesday all high and mighty. Harry was feeling dazy. Kent just continued to cuddle the small, soft boy. Feelings of care coursed through him. All that went through his mind was that Harry needed to be safe, and he was safest in Kent's arms.

"Can you believe it?" Wednesday mocked a little more waver in his tone.  A waver that held mockery. The look sh le received from the group was expected, a look of shock.

"Untie her," Bianca demanded. Anger was growing under her bones for more reasons than one. Wednesday revealed her hands holding an untied rope, to the shock of many. Harry could sense the feeling within the room and let a giggle slip from his lips.

"I freed myself five minutes ago," Wednesday told them bluntly. Wednesday stood from her seat and aggressively snatched the book page from Xavier's hand. She put it in her pocket and went onto her next stop, Kent. Wednesday picked Harry up from Kent's arms, and he let out a little whine at the movement. His abilities shifted again, the feeling not particularly uncomfortable.

Wednesday threw the rope at Kent, before walking away away. With her precious in arms she made her way towards the staircase. Harry felt his eyes closing in a sleep like state. He hoped everything would be better tomorrow.

"It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name," Wednesday informed them halfway up the stairs. Then she went on up the stairs her Harry securely in her arms.

XxX

Wednesday sat at her desk, Harry comfortably on her lap leaning back against her. He was still drowsy and just going along with what his friend was doing. Thing was also observing the book. Harry just wanted to sleep, but Wednesday so deep in research prevented him from sleep. She did not realize how loud she was, or maybe it was just Harry.

Silence filled the room. Wednesday was deep in thought busy with each theory and idea crossing her mind. How Rowan rose from the dead the very top of Wednesday's mind. Harry felt himself slipping further and further, desiring rest. The affect a busy minded Wednesday had on his abilities prevented the sleep.

It felt sort of scratch like. As of nails were marking up his skin, yet it was not particularly painful. Not like a cat scratch that is deep and bleeding. More like dull finger nails from a human hand desiring to scratch an itch. An itch that refused to be satisfied requiring it to be scratched at and relieved. The issue being that relief never came to him. Wednesday did not notice this, after all Harry was fairly limp in his exhausted state. Sleep, he felt desperate for the oblivion.

"Is it bed time yet?" Harry asked with a little whine. The last twenty-four hours were overwhelming him. Drowned and kidnapped in one day, that had not occured on the past. Sensations that he had never experienced, it was stressful trying to interrupt each one.

"Soon," Wednesday answered, eyes never leaving the book she was flipping through. "I want to read a few more pages. Try and string the clues in the correct order."

"Okay," Harry mumbled tiredly. He sime waited, hoping the itch would relieve. It did not, and for another hour he sat in discomfort. Accomplishing a difficult task in keeping the information from Wednesday. A girl who wished for no harm to come to the boy.

XxX

I had not planned to post today due to auditions, but here you are! Although, the auditions did go well despite my lack of social skills!

Please comment for more! Leave all your thoughts no matter how prim or how messy!