2

Ryujin

Lunch came, me and Chaeryeong are heading to the cafeteria as she forces me to answer her questions.

"So u gonna answer me or what?"She asked.

"Well basically..." I started. "The head mistress said I'm lacking in Science and English-"

"She's not wrong" Yuna butted in, making Chaeryeong jump.

"WHERE THE HELL DID YOU-" Chaeryeong yelled, getting cut off by my hand covering her mouth.

"You guys are so loud." I complained.

"Continue." Chaeryeong demanded.

"She got me a tutor." I said, casually.

"Omg who is it?!" Yuna whisper-yelled.

"Hwang Yeji." I said, shocking both of them.

"Wait, how about your job?" Yuna asked.

"I got sponsored by SNU apparently." I said, making Chaeryeong grab my shoulders and shake them.

"I wanted to go thereeeeee" she whined. "Why would they sponsor you?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking." I said. "I need to go to the head mistress after this."

"I hope she tells you SNU took the sponsorship back." Chaeryeong said, making Yuna giggle.

When we arrived at the cafeteria, I saw Jeongyeon waving at us, telling us to sit with them. Not like we sat away from them even once.

The basketball team usually sits together at lunch for whatever reason and Yuna is the only other person that isn't from the team that they would accept to sit at the table.

Jeongyeon's our captain. She's usually strict during training but her entire mood changes when we're not training. I really don't understand.

Once we got to the table, Chaeryeong immediately told them what I told her, focusing more on the part where I got sponsored by her dream university.

"Why are you more interested in the fact that she got sponsored and not that THE Hwang Yeji is her tutor" Winter said.

"She's more devastated than interested if u ask me" Chaeyoung said, earning a snicker from Jeongyeon.

(Chaeyoung as in Son Chaeyoung)

After finishing my food, I excused myself from the team and went to the head mistress's office.

I knocked on the door and entered her office. She smiled. "So?"

"I'll take the offer." I said.

"Great. I'll talk to Yeji about it."

I was shocked. They wanted her as my tutor and didn't even inform her beforehand?

However, I just smiled and excused myself from her office.

'Who tf does that' I thought to myself.

As I was about to go down the stairs, I heard a voice call me, "Ryujin!"

I turned my head to see the head mistress, holding an envelope in her hand. "I almost forgot to give you this, it's your pocket money."

I thanked her and left.

Yeji

I got informed by one of the teachers that the head mistress was looking for me. Wondering what it was for, I immediately went to her office.

As usual, I knocked and entered.

"Yeji." She started. "I believe you're wondering why I would call you in while classes are in session."

"I am." I replied, recognizing that she was just messing around with the formality.

She chuckled, "Do you remember the student I asked you to bring here just now?"

"Shin Ryujin?"

"Yes. Let's get straight to the point, Ryujin is lacking in Science and English and I'm going to count on you to tutor her."

I was shocked. Ryujin is our basketball team's ace, and an attractive student. A lot of the students at our school like her, especially girls. I can't say I've never liked her, but that was a long time ago.

I don't think I can spend a few hours alone with Ryujin, but I accepted the head mistress's request and went back to class.

Timeskip, After School
Yeji

I was telling Lia about what the head mistress told me and she just kept teasing me about it out whole way back. Now I regret telling her everything.

Lia's my best friend and neighbour. So we pretty much go walk home together every day. Some people even thought we were a couple. I can't imagine being in a relationship with Lia. It would be so annoying, I feel bad for her future partner.

"I'm home" I announced once I entered my house.

"Dinner's almost ready" my mom told me.

While we were eating, I told my mom about the tutor thing.

She told me we can do it in my room because she doesn't want us to bother her.

After dinner, I showered and layed on my bed, thinking about how to approach Ryujin. She usually sits with the basketball team, so it might be awkward but I don't really have a choice.