10

No POV

Yeji reached Ryujin's house and knocked on the door, hoping Ryujin would be home.

Ryujin opened the door, again wearing a sports bra but with sweatpants this time.

"Do you have something against clothes?" Yeji asked sarcastically.

Ryujin let out a chuckle. "There's nothing wrong with being comfortable"

"You were also the one who told me not to wear short clothes during winter. And look where we're at now" Yeji added. "Oh here's your hoodie"

Ryujin took the hoodie and put it on. "Happy?" She asked.

Yeji rolled her eyes. "Are you gonna tell me about the Beomgyu thing now?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that" Ryujin said in realization.

They both made themselves comfortable on the couch and Ryujin started her 'story'.

"Beomgyu and I were actually really close when we were younger. We used to play with toys or climb the tree in his backyard whenever my parents allowed me to go over to his house" she started.

The mention of the word 'parents' made Yeji's curiosity of the ace's family grow even bigger, but she ignored it.

"He practically begged his parents to let him go to the same middle school as me since my parents wouldn't let me go to his. His parents gave up trying to get him to change his mind and eventually let him" Ryujin stopped, letting out a chuckle. "We were put in the same class, as we were both pretty good in our studies back then, despite joking around most of the time, my parents were really strict about my studies. Gyu would accompany me most of the time because he didn't really have friends back then"

"Gyu?" Yeji asked.

"That was his nickname. He was Gyu and I was Ryu" Ryujin said with a smile.

"You seem to still use the same nickname" Yeji said.

"How did you know?" Ryujin asked in surprise.

"I heard Lisa, Heejin and Hyunjin say that when they talk about you" Yeji said.

"They talk about me? I'm so touched" Ryujin said, wiping her invisible tears, making Yeji burst into laughter.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what happened to both of you?" Yeji asked politely.

"Well, things were going fine, until he decided to confess to me when we were 13. I told him that I didn't feel the same way and he didn't even let me finish before assuming that I was seeing another guy and all. Like we were 13, not to mention every boy in our class looked like shit" Ryujin said.

"Ryujin!" Yeji yelled.

"Wha- oh sorry" Ryujin apologized after realizing she had swore.

"You're friends with Yuna and Chaeryeong right?" Yeji asked, out of the blue.

"Yeah?" Ryujin replied.

"Well you shouldn't swear in front of Yuna. She's like, a child" Yeji said.

"Don't worry, I have Chaeryeong smacking me for every time I swear in front of Yuna" Ryujin chuckled. "Anyway, he started ignoring me since then for god knows what reason, I wasn't even rude while rejecting him, like he was just overreacting honestly. Then my parents told me that Gyu's parents heard him crying in his room and asked me if I knew anything about it. So I told them everything and they just nodded before calling Gyu's parents to probably tell them about it? I still don't know." Ryujin stopped to take a breath, making Yeji chuckle.

"We never really talked after that. When I try to start a conversation with him he just walks away. I gave up eventually" Yeji heard Ryujin sniff and noticed that her eyes were glossy.

"Then a few days after that my parents, they..." Ryujin stopped to take a deep breath before continuing. "They got into a car accident and died. I couldn't afford the hospital bills and Gyu's family wouldn't help me, so I had to work part time jobs when I was 14 to slowly pay the bills" Ryujin started crying then. Yeji felt bad for asking about the matter and pulled Ryujin into a tight hug.

Ryujin pulled away from the hug and carried on with her story. "Then he started making fun of me having to get a job and bullied me almost every day. It's like he doesn't even remember that we were best friends before. It's like he just forgot, he just left the friendship we had to rot"

Ryujin was a sobbing mess now. Melting into Yeji's embrace as she lets it all out.

After Ryujin stopped crying, Yeji could hear soft snores coming from the latter.

'Gosh, you're so cute' Yeji thought to herself, attempting to get up.

"Don't leave me" Ryujin murmured.

"What?" Yeji said, surprised by the younger's words.

"Please don't leave" Ryujin mumbled again. Yeji could see a tear falling out of Ryujin's left eye.

Yeji sighed.

"I'll be back, Ryujin" Yeji said. But, the younger didn't seem to let go of her, causing the cat eyed girl to be unable to move.

"Ryujin, I need to get home, we have school tomorrow" Yeji said. As expected, she didn't receive a response from the younger.

She sighed. 'What do I do now' she thought to herself.

She thought for awhile before texting her best friend.

——————————————————

Lia🦥

Liaaaa

Whattt

Can you text my mom and lie to her that I'm staying over at your's

Why?

I'll tell u tmr
Can u just pls lie to her

U better or I'll send her this chat

I promise
Seen
——————————————————

'I guess I'll have to sleep here tonight' Yeji thought before closing her eyes and drifting off into Dreamland.

(This was kinda a last minute idea so it's a bit messy)