43

No POV

"Ryuddaeng wake up, u have to go to school" Yeji gently shook the other.

"Five minutes" Ryujin mumbled as she hugged the university students waist.

"Ryujin, you're gonna be late if u don't get up now" Yeji said in a strict tone.

Sensing the tone, Ryujin immediately opened her eyes and sat up.

"Fineee" She pouted and went into the shower.

----

Adjusting back to her school life definitely wasn't easy. If it wasn't for Yeji waking her up every morning, she would've been late everyday.

But ever since she's got back, her teachers wouldn't stop going off about how much she's improved and how it was a pleasure to have her and Winter back at the school.

It was annoying really, they'd smile everytime they see her and she'd have no choice but to awkwardly smile back.

She also has to deal with Ava everytime they have practice. After her first attempt and after seeing that she already has someone, the girl would still try to get closer with her. If it wasn't for Winter stopping her everytime, she would have thrown a punch in her face.

School sessions had just ended, Ryujin received a text from Yeji saying she'd be busy and asked if she could walk home like she used to do. She also promised she'd buy her favorite food so of course Ryujin agreed.

I mean, who could say no to food, right?

She bid a goodbye to her friends and started her journey home. On her way, she passed by the convenience store she used to work at. She looked inside and saw Hyunjin. Seems like he still works there.

And so she quickly opened the door and popped her head in.

"Yoooo" She greeted her ex colleague.

"Ryujinnie!" Hyunjin exclaimed as he pulled her in for a hug.

"Why'd u move out?" Ryujin asked after pulling away from the hug.

"I moved somewhere safer. Plus, ur brother moved into my apartment after I left, so u can't say Yeji's not safe" Hyunjin replied.

"Quick to cover urself, I see" Ryujin commented, making her friend laugh.

The shared a few conversations before Ryujin had to leave and continue her way back home.

----

Yeji POV

I was working on the project Professor Lee assigned when I received a phonecall from Ryujin.

I excused myself from my group and answered the call outside the room.

"Ryuddaeng?"

"No, this isn't Ryujin, I'm Hyunjin, the convenience store boy"

"Oh, did she leave her phone?" I asked. I heard something beeping in the background, but I ignored it.

"Well, it's not that, it's just- she got hit by a car. We're in an ambulance right now heading to SNUH. I'm just informing u but u should head there" He quickly said.

I was stunned. I'm sure she's someone who checks before crossing the road but- I have to go to the hospital.

"There's an emergency, I have to go now, sorry" I apologized to my group members and quickly headed to my car and started the engine.

I drove as fast as the speed limit would let me, before reaching a red light. Just then, my phone screen lit up.

'I'll wait for u at the reception area, she's in the OR'
From Ryujin's contact, which was most likely Hyunjin. Wait, OR?!

I replied with an ok and I saw the text above, 'I'll see u later'

Damn, Ryujin u won't be seeing me later unless u wake up!

----

Ryujin POV

Hah, she fell for it

I bet she's coming here right now.

Im just sitting in the parking lot, waiting. Oh shit, I should be hiding nevermind.

This was all Hyunjin's idea btw. I would've never let him get on my phone. He doesn't even know my password.

He also texted Yeji that there's an empty parking space next to the elevator at the floor I'm on right now, so I'm pretty sure that's where she's gonna go.

Would it be weird to do this in a hospital, maybe.

But was it my idea, no.

And now we play the waiting game.