13

No POV

Ryujin left work at 5pm, opting to go home, plop on her bed, and sleep.

However, along the way, she saw Lia and Yeji, talking to her colleague, Hwang Hyunjin. She wanted to ignore them, walk away like she didn't see them at all.

"Ryujin!" Lia called out.

'Oh for fuck's sake' Ryujin thought. She turned around, meeting her friends' awaiting gazes and Hyunjin's confused one.

She walked towards them, only to get questioned by Hyunjin. "You know them?" He asked.

"Ah no I just coincidentally have the same name as the person they're calling out to-what do you think, idiot" Ryujin replied.

"I was just asking, jeez" Hyunjin responded.

"If you don't need anything I really want to go home right now" Ryujin said.

"They actually almost got harassed just now" Hyunjin said. "So why don't you be a good friend and walk them home. I gotta go start my shift like asap" He ran off after finishing his sentence, leaving Ryujin with no choice.

"I don't even know where you guys live" Ryujin said, yawning. "Lead the way, I guess"

"You look even more dead" Yeji commented, earning a smack from Lia.

"Keep that up and I'll leave both of you here" Ryujin replied. She was obviously lying, she didn't have the heart to leave her friends alone when it's getting dark, much less her crush.

"Yah, I was just kidding" Yeji said.

"Wait, don't you both have your own drivers?" Ryujin said, stopping in her tracks.

"Yeah" Lia replied.

"So why the fuck are you walking home?" Ryujin asked.

"We kinda snuck out" Lia said.

"Kinda? You're all the way out here and you wanna say kinda?" Ryujin questioned.

"What do you mean by 'all the way out here'?" Yeji asked.

"You're literally in the most dangerous part of town" Ryujin replied.

"Wait, but you live here" Yeji said.

Ryujin hummed in response. "Why would you choose to live here?" Yeji asked.

"It's cheaper" Ryujin replied nonchalantly.

"Bu-" Yeji was about to speak when Lia butted in, "I feel like I'm non existent"

"Too bad" Ryujin commented.

"What do you mean too bad?!" Lia yelled.

"You shouldn't yell around here, people might come after you for disturbing them" Ryujin joked, making both Yeji and Lia gasp.

"I'm just kidding" she laughed. "You should've seen the looks on your faces"

They rolled their eyes and walked faster. "You seem like you got yourselves, I'll go home now" Ryujin said, acting like she was gonna walk away.

"Oh no you don't" Lia said as she grabs Ryujin's arm and drags her with them.

"Man.." Ryujin sighed.

In the midst of their walk, a drunk man approached them.

"It's not good for young girls to walk alone at a time like this, need a ride?" He said.

"You're the exact reason why it's not safe" Ryujin said, pulling Yeji and Lia with her as she walks away.

"Who do you think you are to talk back like that?" The drunk man asked angrily while grabbing Ryujin's shoulder.

She tugged her shoulder away, not wanting to start a fight with the man.

The man strongly shoved Ryujin's shoulder, causing her to lose her balance.

"You're just a weak girl, what can you do?" He teased.

That's when Ryujin's had enough, she stood up and punched the man in his face, seemingly breaking his nose.

Yeji and Lia just watched silently, enjoying the show.

"You little shi-" he wasn't able to finish when Ryujin kicked him, causing him to fall down on his butt.

"Who's weak now?" She said before giving him another hard punch on his face, knocking him out.

"Now. We run" Ryujin said, pulling her friends away from the now passed out man.

When they were out of the area, three of them were panting as if they had just escaped from a dog's chase.

"That was fun" Ryujin said after her breath steadied.

"He deserved it" Lia shrugged.

"Your knuckles are bleeding" Yeji said while inspecting Ryujin's knuckles, earning a smirk from Lia.

"It's fine, I'll just wash it off" Ryujin insisted.

"That'll just cause an infection" Yeji said. "I'll help you clean it later"

"It's fine, really-" Ryujin was about to say when Lia butted in, again. "Just let her, she won't take no for an answer"

"Why do you keep butting in" Ryujin questioned.

"'cause both of you like to act like I'm invisible" Lia reasoned.

"We're here" Yeji said, breaking her friends' staring contest.

"Oh my god finally" Lia sighed.

"Wait" Yeji said, "How are we gonna explain"

"Well, it's simple" Lia replied, "You have a group project and you forgot to tell the driver so he went home, easy"

"But how about-" Yeji was speaking when Ryujin butted in, "Tell her I walked you home and punched a dude in the process"

"I-" Yeji responded. "That works"

When they entered Yeji's house, her mother was already sitting on the couch, waiting for her.

"Where have you been?! I was worried sick! Are you okay?" She exclaimed.

"I'm fine, mom. She walked my home" Yeji replied, pointing at Ryujin.

Ryujin was about to wave at Yeji's mother when she exclaimed yet again, "Oh my god, what happened to your hand?"

"I punched a man" Ryujin replied, earning a nudge from Yeji and a gasp from the girl's mother.

"I think you get it, ma" Yeji said, pulling Ryujin with her. "I'm just gonna clean her wound 'cause all this was part my fault"

"I don't see it" Ryujin commented.

"Shut up" Yeji replied.

"Just sit on the bed or something" Yeji said as they entered her room.

"Damn" Ryujin said. "This is my while living room and kitchen"

"I know" Yeji replied from the bathroom. She returned with a first aid kit in her hands, her hair tied up in a bun, making Ryujin slightly blush.

Yeji then sat on the floor, Ryujin's hand directly in front of her eyes.

"Why the fuck are you sitting on the floor?" Ryujin asked.

"So my back doesn't hurt" Yeji replied.

"Ah" was all Ryujin said when she felt a stinging pain on her knuckles, causing her to hiss.

"Too hard?" Yeji asked.

"Too hard" Ryujin agreed.

After a cleaned wound and several cotton balls later, Yeji walked Ryujin to the door, bidding her a goodbye when Yeji's mother called out.

"It's getting late" she said. "You should just stay over"

"I didn't bring any clothes, Mrs Hwang" Ryujin replied politely.

"I'm sure you can borrow Yeji's" she said. "Come on, I'll get a room ready for you"