44

No POV

Yeji frantically entered the elevator after parking her car, completely missing Ryujin's presence.

'Bro wtf' Ryujin thought.

She then entered the elevator with Yeji, after putting on the cap she stole from Hyunjin.

Yeji POV

Someone entered the elevator after me.

I didn't really pay attention since I was busy texting Ryujin's phone to get updates from her friend.

I looked up to check which floor we're reaching and that's when I realized, the girl in the elevator with me looks a bit familiar.

The elevator stopped a little later, letting other people come in.

Since there was and old man in a wheel chair entering, the girl decided to make some room for him, which meant we have to stand closer to each other.

See, I'm not gonna cheat on Ryujin, if I even can, but this girl just seems so familiar.

I went back on my phone since I received an update from Hyunjin, saying Ryujin's still in the OR.

I hope nothing bad happens to her.

Ryujin POV

Bro how tf did she not realize I'm in the elevator with her. I mean yeah, I have a mask and a cap on but it's not that hard to tell.

I saw her texting Hyunjin on my number. OR? Really?

I tried to hold my laugh back but I ended up letting out a snicker, making her look up.

Fortunately, the elevator door opened so it doesn't have to be awkward much longer in there.

Yeji immediately ran out the elevator as soon as the old man exited. I just followed behind her, shrugging to Hyunjin as he came into view.

He rolled his eyes at me and started convincing Yeji to go out of the hospital for awhile.

"It's late, and she'll probably be in there for awhile more, u should go get dinner first, I'll tell u when she's out" He said.

"Ryujin would be very mad at me if she knew u didn't eat ur dinner" He added, really bro?

She ended up leaving to get dinner after Hyunjin made up an entire story of how I'd literally break into his house and kidnap him and harvest his organs.

A little over-exaggerating, don't u think? I mean, I wouldn't harvest his organs, who would?

I just followed her out to a nearby convenience store until she finally noticed my presence.

"Why are u following me?" She asked.

This woman would honestly be so easy to kidnap, I'm not even kidding.

"Hi" I said, taking my cap off.

"Ryuddaeng?" She questioned, clearly confused. "I thought u were-" She walked closer and eventually pulled me in for a hug.

"I thought u were in operation- I mean- Hyunjin said u-"

"I know baby" I said, stopping her from ranting.

"U lied!" She lightly hit my arm, making me chuckle.

"Do u know how scared I was?!" She exclaimed.

"It was his idea!" I said with the same energy, referring to Hyunjin, 'convenience store boy'.

"It's good that you're fine but I'm still not gonna forgive u for that" She said, hugging me anyway.

We stood there for awhile, I could tell the convenience store worker was judging us but I couldn't care less.

"Let's go get dinner?" I asked changing the topic.

She didn't reply but I'll take that as a yes, I'm hungry already.

Yeji ended up paying for our food since my phone and my bag was left with Hyunjin.

"Can u ask Hyunjin to bring my stuff back to our apartment? I think he still has the spare keys" I asked Yeji.

Yeji POV

Our apartment.

I remember how I always wanted that to happen when she was away.

"Sure" I replied, picking up my phone to text him through Ryujin's number. It's kinda funny, actually.

I told her we'd have her favorites but I don't think we're able to get that right now. I guess I'll just buy it tomorrow.

I'm mad at her for doing whatever she did with Hyunjin's help, but I can't really stay mad at her for long. Especially when she's enjoying instant ramen with a big smile on her face.

"Can we go sit at the park over there after this?" She asked me. Aagh she's so cuuute.

"Sure" I replied, giving her a smile.

We eventually finished our food and we're sitting on a bench, slowly drinking the leftover drinks from earlier.

No POV

"Yeji"

The woman turned to her, signalling her to continue.

"I wanna ask u something" Ryujin said, making the other curious.

She leaned into Yeji's ear and whispered five words.

"Will u be my girlfriend?"