Chapter 1 Threat

Author's POV

"Miss you need to come to the police station. Your step father has been arrested for drug trafficking and we need you as a witness"

"You need to talk with a social worker who has come to see you, if you have no living relative, you will have to in orphanage until you step dad is released"

"Riley if you utter a single word about me to them, you may consider yourself dead, I'll find you wherever you are sweety, this isn't going to end"

Derek's words were still ringing in her ears as she sat in an office waiting for someone to arrive. Someone who will put her into an orphanage.
She had gotten called from school by her principal and there she was, sitting in a large office with various social posters.

A young woman entered in, she looked at Riley with one thing Riley despised PITY. The woman had her brown hair tied in a bun.

"You must be Riley Miller" She said. "Yes" Came the reply.

"Well Riley, as you have none of your parents, you will be sent to live in with your brothers."
She spoke, trying to speak in a cheerful tone.

But it didn't matter, "Brothers? I have brothers?" She asked.

"Didn't you know it sweety (that pet name gave her creeps) , you have 6 brothers and you're going to meet them soon, I'll accompany you in the flight." She said, now a little nervous.

"How will you prove it?"

The woman, Maria, gave her the file with her name upon it, which she opened, reading everything.

Riley Piers
Father : undisclosed
Mother : undisclosed
Current guardian : Alexander Piers

She turned the page, reading about her brothers, but she wasn't sure, until she saw the report.

The 14 year old girl was numb, she was shocked at first, but it was better than being in an orphanage and go back with Derek, as she thought about him, she shivered.

Her back still hurted, and she had taken a painkiller before going to school. She looked at the woman in front of her who was waiting for her answer.

"Ok" She said, as the woman sighed in relief.

"I'm Maria, now let's go to your house and pack your necessary things" She smiled.

"How can I trust you" Riley whispered.

"Pardon?"

"How can I trust you? How will I know if you are taking me on the right path" She spoke a bit louder.

"Riley, your brothers sent me to get you, rest assured, you will be in safe hands and don't worry about Derek" She said firmly. This made Riley look up at her with watery eyes full of hope.

As they reached Derek's house, the familiar smell of alcohol kicked in. Riley walked with her head down into her room and filled some clothes, her books, somewhat tattered phone and some sanitary things and grabbed some painkillers she had kept for Derek when he came home. She walked past the kitchen and suppressed a sob. She was finally getting away from this hell hole.

"Ready to go?" Maria asked and she just nodded afraid if she opened her mouth she would start crying.

"How do you live there? The smell is chocking" Maria conversed, wrinkling her nose.

"I have a habit of it" Riley replied.

"Don't worry Ley, we are finally going to go home, where you won't ever remember that smell" She said the last part hesitantly.

As they sat in the plane, Riley laid her head on the soft chair as Maria was busy texting. She was remembering her mother all again.

"Mommy? Where are you?" Little Riley shouted

"Let's find her together kiddo" Derek said, holding her hand

"Peekaboo!!" Her mother said picking her up and tickling her. This happened when she was 6 years old. Derek was her mom's boyfriend. They had married when she was 8.

Two years before her mom's death.

After her mom had left, Derek had started abusing her. She shivered again as his face appeared in front of her when he had removed her innocence from her.

"Riley?" A voice drew her back in present. "You are sweating dear, do you need a glass of water?"
Maria asked looking concerned.

"Y-Yes please" She said, trying to control her stutter. Derek hated her when she stuttered or begged him not to touch her.

She drank the water in three gulps. And kept the glass away.

"Where are we going? I mean in which city?" She asked.

"You will find out soon" Maria replied.

"Sorry" The girl said

"What for?"

"Asking"

"There is no need to apologize Ley, you just asked a question" Maria said, wondering why was the latter so cautious about everything.

The plane landed, as they went out, Maria held her hand to ask her to follow but Riley flinched and took away her hand suddenly. "Sorry, I was nervous" She covered her sleeve again.

Maria nodded, and took her to where man was standing. "Frank" She nodded. "Miss Maria" He greeted back, and looked at Riley who was looking down at her shoes. "And you must be miss Riley." He smiled kindly. She looked at him, he didn't look like Derek, he had a warm smile and was looking at her like he had seen her in years.

They all sat in a maroon car, just like any normal car from outside but the interior was well decorated. They had drawn blinds over the window about which Riley didn't ask, she was afraid she would get a harsh scolding. Even if she trusted Maria.

After 10 minutes, the car stopped. Maria and Riley got out, in front of them was a huge house, just like a castle from a book she read. Maria smiled at her as she walked and Riley took a moment to realize that she had to follow her and ran to catch up with her.

●○●○●○●○

I promise next chapters will
be long