Chapter 16 Drama

Riley went for dinner in a confused mood. She wasn't feeling much hungry anymore. Maybe it was the bipolar show coming up again.

Whenever she acted bipolar, Riley used to call it Bipolar show. Only two people knew about it, one being her mom. And she guessed Chris knew, that's why he didn't want to talk to her, that makes three. She shook her head to snap out of her thoughts. They were a complete mess.

'Then let me make them my mess Riley, I'm not leaving you alone with those thoughts' He had said that to me.

But now Riley was alone again. She saw she was still on stairs so she climbed down fast, nearly slipping on floor as she entered the kitchen.

No one was there yet. Riley had brought her thermos with her, like every day, so she could might as well warm up the water and fill it now. She knew how to use a stove so there was no problem.

And no one else was in the kitchen.

Riley put the water to heat, meanwhile looking at every side to see if someone was there, but no one was. Being afraid of ghosts, she shivered, and to distract herself, she started setting the plates, utensils and glasses on the table.

Anything for distraction.

She didn't want to sing now. Riley wanted to go in her room and be alone, with her phone. She could listen to peaceful night music. Or maybe read any book she had downloaded. Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone was a good book to distract herself.

Riley shut the stove off and carefully put the warm water in her thermos. She used to take it to school everyday, and even if kids asked her about it, she used to reply that she liked it. It was still faithful to her, even if it grew old.

Riley put hot water in it so it could come a bit cold but be warm enough to drink. She couldn't ask Derek for a new one.

"That's too hot water to put in a thermos" A voice came from behind me.

'Remember that scene from Age Of Ultron when Tony was in Clint's shed and how he reacted when Nick Fury came in? That was my internal reaction right now.'

"It will gradually become a bit normal till morning" Riley said, without looking at Jason, and closing the lid. She turned around, to see all her six brothers together. How did they miraculously come here? Disapparating all together?

"You didn't have to do it Riley, we were just caught up in work so we got late" Theo spoke, looking at dishes.

"Well it's done now, let's sit" Chris rolled his eyes, as Leo was the next to follow him. These two, Riley thought helplessly, had a serious problem against her. Did they know something? But then all would've acted the same.

Myles also followed his brothers to sit. The rest three, who were just standing just glared at them and gave her an apologetic look. Even Alex.

"It's fine, I thought you'd be late so I decided to ease it up for you" Riley replied, scraping her chair.

Alex, Jase and Leo were talking about something in low voice.

"sta dicendo che Riley non è la nostra vera sorella, e c'è stato un malinteso"

Leonardo was speaking, Riley did not pay attention till she heard her name. All boys were now looking at them, but atleast they were understanding what he was saying.

"non l'avremmo portata qui finché non l'avessimo controllata, quindi a Derek di fare il suo scherzo in un altro modo"
Alex said, in a thoughtful voice. Riley heard Derek's name and suddenly all remaining hunger vanished from her stomach.