Chapter 25 Flashbacks

The horror of the situation had started to sink inside Riley. All she could think was of how could her mother be dead, and her
possible - uncle could be her torturer. She was helpless, not able to understand anything.

Her bipolar disorder wasn't helping much, her sadness was turning into anger, making her look like a maniac.

All the hate stuffed inside, had to come out at a time, she couldn't stay silent again, and her disorder helped her in this.

But one thing that stopped her from saying something more dark, looking at Parker. He looked at her with a feeling of helplessness in his eyes.

For four years he had lived with the guilt, when it wasn't his fault. He didn't knew that Malika Jerome already knew the truth.

She just stopped, taking deep breaths, as the tears still escaped. But how could someone cry over someone they just came to know about?

According to humanity, it was possible, but looking at the face of Alex when he spoke about her,
spoke a different story about her true mother.

"I should tell you that Riley, Kate Miller was not a type of mother you'd want" Jason spoke seriously. As she was just going to protest, he cut her off, "I know that you can't take my word upon it, but she left us, taking you with her. I don't know how father stayed calm, but we weren't."

She just nodded, not wanting to talk. She just wanted to hug her pillow and cry. She just wanted to be left alone.

"Look sorellina, it's hard, but right now, you need to put it past. Your mother is here, you need to stay strong for her" Theo spoke.

"And you have school, you wouldn't want to mess your grades during the first term" Myles offered. Although that wasn't all emotional, it was true.

She had to stand up again, for her mom, but what she wasn't going to forget was to ask about their real mother.

"Cmon, you need to get freshened up, we'll all wait for you downstairs, you need to change your mood a bit, and we'll try our best to cheer you up." Jason offered, as she stood up, legs feeling a little wobbly, but she could walk down.

They were all nice to her, well, except Leonardo and Christopher. They still had some kind of hatred over her. But she didn't knew that her brother Leo, was currently sitting in the hospital hallway, not wanting any trouble to someone whom his sister loved.

When she had punched her pillow several times before crying into it, washed and wiped her face, redone her hair, and changed into new clothes, she was ready too go downstairs. Her eyes we're still glistening a bit, when she walked out of the door.

As she was just going to step next to her brothers' room, she bumped into Chris. Again.

And bumping into Chris was never a good omen for her. And she turned out right.

"How many times do I need to remind you to look forward when you walk, not down" He asked, frustration clear in his voice.

She didn't knew that he was worried that she would slip and fall.

"Sorry, I won't do it again" She said hurriedly, her panic increasing again. The day was already a wreck, and she didn't need the flashbacks from her past to come back too.

"And why are you so panicky? Can't say a sentence a bit slow, or will you forget it or something?" Chris started, as Riley clenched her hands.

She wasn't weak to stand up for herself, just too done that she could accept anything.

"You can't even focus on a conversation—" Chris was rambling when someone cut him.

"Give her a break Chris, she's a kid for gods sake" Myles interrupted him. And seizing that moment, she went towards the stairs, knowing that Chris was glaring at her and probably would shout again.